Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gave up with the flickering with a HD 630 and ordered a dedicated graphics card (RX 560). Seems to be the only way for me to get a flicker free UHD screen.

Last edited:
Updated from Apple Store, on last reboot I got stucked on
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockstate 3, hs 0, bs0, now 0, sw 0x0
Found the reason on intel video card. I reinstalled lilu.kext and intel gpu fix from Multibeast and everything is working fine again.

only issue so far iTunes crashes, it works whenever it likes but that is not new that has been this way since forever Lmao..

Just wanted to let you know, I was able to fix the itunes crash. Download Shiki and put it in your clover kext folder. I've attached the kext for you.

Attachments

• Shiki.kext.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 91
Just gave up with the flickering with a HD 630 and ordered a dedicated graphics card (RX 560). Seems to bee the only way for me to get a flicker free UHD screen.

I got screen flickering since last Sierra update, due to color depth changes from millions to billions. Cause my monitor can't handle that high resolution. I solved this SwitchResX, a little utility which cost about u$s20

Well, my good luck with upgrades finally failed me. I have an epic fail on my hands when I tried to upgrade from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4.

As you can see, my system boots to this place and stops dead. I've tried different boot loaders, but I don't think that's the issue. I think it's something to do with USB, in fact, I'm sure that it is. I've applied the new apfs.efi, the new USB patch, but it stops dead right here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 5.33.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 5.33.02 PM.png
    529.5 KB · Views: 307
  • USB.png
    USB.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 270
Well, my good luck with upgrades finally failed me. I have an epic fail on my hands when I tried to upgrade from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4.

As you can see, my system boots to this place and stops dead. I've tried different boot loaders, but I don't think that's the issue. I think it's something to do with USB, in fact, I'm sure that it is. I've applied the new apfs.efi, the new USB patch, but it stops dead right here.

I can't make out what the verbose screen says but if you believe it's USB related, you can try using the old UBS patch or creating SSDT for USB. Another thing you can try is using a USB2 port because I've seen some people say that 10.13.4 made them lose USB3.

New patch needed:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

I'm so sorry... I'm very new on this. And I don't know how to apply patches. Can please someone explain me how to apply this patch? Is it with clover configurator? Thanks.

@ elko-ymail:
Are you sure that in 10.13.4 the color depth is set to more than 24 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back