Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a perfectly working 10.3.3 system.
Updated via App Store.
Before rebooting, I updated the APFS.efi file in clover.
I don't know what could have happened, but now I can't boot to any macOS system.
I have one NVMe 960 EVO and one 840 EVO both with different versions of macOS. None will boot. Also, used my MacBook Air to install UniBeast with 10.3.4. That won't boot either.
They all fail with some kind of OsxAptioFix error.
Mostly: "does printf work??" and "Couldn't allocate runtime area"

Tried searching the web for a solution, mostly I found threads about El-Cap. Tried a few solutions, swapped OsxAptioFix versions, disabled USB 3, loaded optimized BIOS defaults, tried various boot args.
Nothing works.

Plus, I'm really screwed because both drives are APFS, and I can't access them from anywhere to try and reverse anything that happened.

Been at this for hours now. Starting to get desperate...
Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• IMG_4823.JPG
    IMG_4823.JPG
    736.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
did all I know...which is not much but....still no audio and no usb3......please heeeellpp :D

Had a perfectly working 10.3.3 system.
Updated via App Store.
Before rebooting, I updated the APFS.efi file in clover.
I don't know what could have happened, but now I can't boot to any macOS system.
I have one nvme 960 evo and one 840 evo both with different versions of macOS. None will boot. Also, used my macbook air to install Unibeast with 10.3.4. That won't boot either.
They all fail with some kind of OsxAptioFix error.
Mostly: "does printf work??"

Tried searching the web for a solution, mostly I found threads about El-Cap. Tried a few solutions, swapped OsxAptioFix versions, disabled USB 3, loaded optimized BIOS defaults, tried various boot args.
Nothing works.

Plus, I'm really screwed because both drives are APFS and I can't access them from anywhere to try and reverse anything that happened.

Been at this for hours now. Starting to get desperate...
Appreciate any help.
This might sound silly but have you unplugged the PC for 30 secs and try booting again? for my last 2 years on x79 when i had ridiculous problems that didn't repeat themselves but went random, i finally found that unplugging was the solution....

also you can try make a unibeast 8.1 USB (seems 8.1 could be more stable than 8.2) on your macbook air, boot from there and switch back to previous APFS.efi

... This update doesn't look as though it is as smooth as previous ones. I've downloaded the combo updater but think might hold off a while. A lot of USB 3.0 problems it seems ...

o_O

This might sound silly but have you unplugged the PC for 30 secs and try booting again? for my last 2 years on x79 when i had ridiculous problems that didn't repeat themselves but went random, i finally found that unplugging was the solution....

also you can try make a unibeast 8.1 USB (seems 8.1 could be more stable than 8.2) on your macbook air, boot from there and switch back to previous APFS.efi

Thank you for answering!

I have tried both of your suggestions. Didn't make a dent.

Also, what confuses me even more, why would changing the APFS.efi file on one partition affect all boot drives, even though I'm booting to totally different drives?

Thank you for answering!

Also, what confuses me even more, why would changing the APFS.efi file on one partition affect all boot drives, even though I'm booting to totally different drives?
i guess cause clover exists only in one of them(?). you can try booting from another disk from Bios boot screen and access clover from older installations if any

Having a flickering display after updating (Full GPU Acceleration and using Intel GPU)
Graphics appears two times in system informations. Any Suggestions ????

Sound works. (USB Audio)
Did you find any solution for this?

Thank you for answering!

@DrDrumm
I may be wrong but you're supposed to have one partition somewhere that's booting all your drives. I'm assuming that the APFS.efi file loads the driver for the APFS. I assume that because I removed the wall of text loading the APFS from the Welcome to Clover loading by modifying the setting in that file.

That being said, could it be possible that you double installed Clover on both of your drives and now you can't find the Clover install with the right APFS driver?

FINALLY!!!! sound fixed with @toleda script clover130 thank you!!! now usb is missing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back