Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got HDMI audio working with this kext but with one issue .MKV files only play the background music but no dialogue,

Check Audio-Midi-Setup. By using VoodooHD your HDMI is now 8 channels instead of 2. Most Video Players for Mac don't handle any downmixing if they see 8 channels (e.g. VLC Player). You can try to change it in the Audio-Midi-Setup (stereo speakers. But this doesn't always work, depending on your hardware, setup and player software), or you can use Kodi to play video and set it to stereo, or you can use some external Soundbar which can do the downmixing for you.

After upgrading I had the flicki

I had the same problem and solved it by:
Changed from iMac18.2 to iMac17.1 and increased the video ram in bios.
Now everything works perfect again, but still see two HD630 video cards in system information.

I have the same issue and I did the same as you. Another thing I notice was an increase in temperature cause the sound of my fans (which were previously complete silence) increased.

Successful update from App Store. Two auto reboots to macOS Install followed by 3rd reboot to Boot macOS.
Updated Nvidia driver when prompted.

hello...update from appstore...but now usb3 is not working and sound is gone.
if don't inject ATI from displayport the system switches to hdmi when macos is up. it's really annoying.

can you help me?

Same here. Update went smooth but HDMI audio is now missing (and CUDA waiting for update, but I'm used to that). I haven't figured out yet how to get HDMI audio back.
Four ways:

Check Audio-Midi-Setup. By using VoodooHD your HDMI is now 8 channels instead of 2. Most Video Players for Mac don't handle any downmixing if they see 8 channels (e.g. VLC Player). You can try to change it in the Audio-Midi-Setup (stereo speakers. But this doesn't always work, depending on your hardware, setup and player software), or you can use Kodi to play video and set it to stereo, or you can use some external Soundbar which can do the downmixing for you.

Can't change it from 8 channels in audio Midi Setup. I can live with it for now as it turns out that only .MKV files with 5.1 audio are effected. Thanks!!

personnaly can't update, forever end up on this

IMG_7525.JPG

translation:

macOS can't be installed on your computer

installer resources can't be found

quit install program and restart then try again

Last edited:
So after some messing around, I can boot into OSX without IntelInject, however the resolution is all messed up, If I check -disablegfxfirmware I can boot into OSX with IntelInject enabled, however then I get flickering but full resolution. Anyone know what could be the issue?
I have change to 17,1 and i has fixed the flickering as others did...

I have to ask again, this is bothering me: is anyone else seeing that, too? I have a feeling that somehow the update blacklisted my Hack. I get this despite audio working and the network being up.

View attachment 322004
Did you change your SMBIO while trying to fix your other problems without saving your SN & Smuuid? If so that would be your problem and you'll have to get them resolved to get Siri working again.

If you are experiencing the lag from the Nvidia web drivers, that would be something new. If you have transparency on your Dock and System Information is showing that Metal is supported, that would indicate that the Nvidia web drivers are installed and working.

In the previous two macOS updates, many who were experiencing the lags rolled back to previous releases of the Nvidia web drivers as a workaround.

I have transparency and System Information is saying: "Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3". Running on iMac15,1 with Nvidia Webdriver 387.10.10.10.30.103. Need lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup in /kexts/others or I won't see the login screen. As you can see attached the fps are jumping around this is what i call "lag". The UI of the OS is working fine. Temperature of CPU & GPU is also below <40°C.

No idea why it's working so much better on the Z87, I keep all my kexts in other on the EFI and all I have there other then FakeSMC are AppleALC, Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixUp and networking kexts.

SMBIOS are set to 15.1 in an otherwise mostly empty config.. attached.

As pastrychef said it seems like pre-skylake is not, or less, affected by this.

This is what I ended up doing on the Kaby system and it still works well enough.

Thank you, i compared our SMBIOS and it looks like almost the same … I have a GA-H87-D3H maybe this one is doing not that great in comparison to your mainboard. Did your tried any games? My system is not primary for games, but I like to casually run League of Legends and Shadow of Mordor. I dont except "EXECELLENCT" performance, but it should run atleast without fps drop under 5 fps.

Attachments

• SOM-1.png
    SOM-1.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 131
  • SOM-2.png
    SOM-2.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back