Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0879.JPG

Apart from not knowing how to have an iPhone picture be the right way round, what am I doing wrong if I get this image after trying to run the update. The only way I can run MacOS now is by booting from the Carbon Copy Cloner backup disk.

What do I have to change on the other partitions?

Simons-iMac:~ voigtstr$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_APFS Container disk4 499.9 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):

0: GUID_partition_scheme *120.0 GB disk1

1: Windows Recovery 471.9 MB disk1s1

2: EFI NO NAME 104.9 MB disk1s2

3: Microsoft Reserved 16.8 MB disk1s3

4: Microsoft Basic Data 119.4 GB disk1s4

/dev/disk2 (internal, physical):

0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk2

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1

2: Microsoft Basic Data Windows Storage 1000.0 GB disk2s2

/dev/disk3 (internal, physical):

0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk3

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1

2: Microsoft Basic Data Storage-movies-tv 1000.0 GB disk3s2

/dev/disk4 (synthesized):

0: APFS Container Scheme - +499.9 GB disk4

Physical Store disk0s2

1: APFS Volume OSX 154.8 GB disk4s1

2: APFS Volume Preboot 20.5 MB disk4s2

3: APFS Volume Recovery 520.8 MB disk4s3

4: APFS Volume VM 20.5 KB disk4s4

/dev/disk5 (external, physical):

0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk5

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk5s1

2: Apple_HFS CCC Backup 999.5 GB disk5s2

3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk5s3

4: Apple_HFS Time Machine 999.9 GB disk5s4

Hope you guys can help!

Edit: Ive mounted EFI for disk0 and there is no "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13" folder, only empty other numbered folders from 10.6 through to 10.12 and they are empty. "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" contains
FakeSMC.kext
realrekALC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext

Edit2: I've mounted /dev/disk4s1 and there is no Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext or any NVDA files in Library/Extensions in my OSX partition.

Edit3: success. I booted into osx in safe mode, and was able to download Download the macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 Update which ran successfully, clover even chose the right disks to boot from for the various parts of the install. Just need to relink sound again and I'm golden!

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,
I downloaded the update from app store.
When I boot and choose install High Sierra from Clover .. the setup screen appears after some minutes saying that the installer (don't remember the correct file name) mpkg can't be found.
it happened also with the Supplemental Update ... I managed to install only after downloading the standalone package.

Any suggestion ?

View attachment 289251
Thanks in advance.
Fabrizio

me too (but in English :) )

works like a charm with Geforce GTX 1070 after I restored my backup and deleted the Nvidia driver first :p

Was getting the no entry symbol when trying to boot up. Turns out I just had to update the apfs.efi driver in clover to the new one.

Was getting the no entry symbol when trying to boot up. Turns out I just had to update the apfs.efi driver in clover to the new one.

I did this as well and then ran the update from the apple website rather than the store. So how do the real macs update their apfs driver correctly?

I did this as well and then ran the update from the apple website rather than the store. So how do the real macs update their apfs driver correctly?
Real Macs don't have this problem - don't use Clover. :thumbup:

First of all many thanks for all the support through this great website!

No success installing 10.13.1 thus far.

10.13 is working great (legacy install, no AFPS, Nvidia web driver with GTX970), but after updating (regardless whether through appstore or downloaded combo update) the system hangs when booting "Install macOS from YOUR-DRIVE-NAME". Normal boot still works.

I tried many different options: remove Nvidia webdriver beforehand, update web driver before updating to 10.13.1 (using Vulgo's script). Replacing apfs.efi with updated version (which I shouldn't need)... Boot using onboard graphics... no change, so I don't think the graphics have anything to do with it.

Does anyone have a clue what else might be going wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20171111_192201913.jpg
    IMG_20171111_192201913.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back