Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 14,2 iMac system definition and plain HD4000 video.

1) Updated the apfs.efi on my EFI partition
2) Updated Clover to 4289
3) Downloaded and installed the combo installer.
4) Used the "Install macOS from ..." clover boot entry
5) Waited
6) Success - TRIM was working but I had to rerun toleda's CloverALC130 script as mentioned in the header of the thread.

Thanks to the tonymacx86 site for the ongoing support!

Updated with success!
Just updated Clover configurator and Clover boot to 4297 after backup my sys with CC.
Downloaded the new afps file from the first post and copied to my EFI under EFI/CLOVER/DRIVERS64UEFI
Copied all my kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to the new folder created after updating clover EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13
Just before I had Nvidia Web Drivers updated to 1.2.1 (I was running 10.13 suplemental update in my sys)
Just updated from apple updates.
In the first boot I selected Install from Osx but got the boot loop so just shutdown the hackintosh. Turned the power off, got my NVIDIA GPU undocked, started the system and just booted with my intel graphics and followed all the proccess for installing the update. I rebooted, check that everything was ok, got the alert from NVIDIA Webdrivers not updated, clicked on Nvidia webdrivers panel, downloaded the update, reboot, updated cuda, shutdown the sys, and finaly I repluged my NVIDIA GPU and got the sys running ok.

Hope that this helps, I got a lot of issues before till I uninstall my GPU, and had to do the same operation now for updating. No need to boot without nvidia web disable.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Richard

When I try to

update to 10.13.1 my install stop at this screen

Attachments

• 20171114_115009.jpg
    20171114_115009.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 398
I tried to install it, but after rebooting, it never booted again, so I took my install pen drive, and booted from there, then, Since I have an external hard drive to use it only with time machine, I restored the last backup ( I had to wipe out all the info from the drive first by the way) from time machine and 15 minutes later I was up and running sierra again. I will read more posts before trying it again.

When I try to

update to 10.13.1 my install stop at this screen

Did you inject hda or fix sound etc. in clover? Maybe a missing Sound.kext?

Finally bit the bullet and went ahead with the upgrade. First attempt to upgrade to High Sierra went abysmally (when HS was launched), reverted back at the time to Sierra 10.12.5 and sat there until yesterday. This time I stayed on HFS+ and the upgrade (directly to 10.13.1) went very smoothly. I lost my 4K res support (in dual monitor setup) but all else seems good, don't have to worry about the NVME workarounds (any of them) any longer, audio is working (via Voodoo), all seems good.

Not working: iMessage (have tried a couple of times and failed), and 4K res on big monitor (which worked previously on Sierra).

My setup: ASUS ROG Strix Z270G, Samsung 960 PRO (m.2), i7700K, HD630, dual LG monitors

First of all many thanks for all the support through this great website!

No success installing 10.13.1 thus far.

10.13 is working great (legacy install, no AFPS, Nvidia web driver with GTX970), but after updating (regardless whether through appstore or downloaded combo update) the system hangs when booting "Install macOS from YOUR-DRIVE-NAME". Normal boot still works.

I tried many different options: remove Nvidia webdriver beforehand, update web driver before updating to 10.13.1 (using Vulgo's script). Replacing apfs.efi with updated version (which I shouldn't need)... Boot using onboard graphics... no change, so I don't think the graphics have anything to do with it.

Does anyone have a clue what else might be going wrong?

FakeSMC.kext in CLOVER/kexts/other?

First of all many thanks for all the support through this great website!

No success installing 10.13.1 thus far.

10.13 is working great (legacy install, no AFPS, Nvidia web driver with GTX970), but after updating (regardless whether through appstore or downloaded combo update) the system hangs when booting "Install macOS from YOUR-DRIVE-NAME". Normal boot still works.

I tried many different options: remove Nvidia webdriver beforehand, update web driver before updating to 10.13.1 (using Vulgo's script). Replacing apfs.efi with updated version (which I shouldn't need)... Boot using onboard graphics... no change, so I don't think the graphics have anything to do with it.

Does anyone have a clue what else might be going wrong?

on the graphics card (I have exactly the same graphics card as you, also no AFPS, also legacy BIOS);

All I can think of with my experience in the upgrade 10.13.0 --> 10.13.1, is not only to uninstall the Web Drivers via System preferences, but also uncheck the box in your Clover Configurator --> System Parameters --> NVidiaWeb (that one I forgot in the beginning and resulted in failed installation). Of course, you can also verify this at startup Clover boot menu under 'options' if the NVidia Webdrivers are unchecked.

Without the drivers, the NVidia Graphics card works then as a nVidia 12 MB on 1024 resolution, and I definitely avoid using onboard Matrox graphics card to not complicate things.

Hi,

10.13.1 installation was really smooth here, everything working the same as my previous install (Sierra), but I notice something weird with my HDD's:

Before the update I could see my SATA disks with orange icons as detachable (hot plug activated in Bios) but now it shows up like internal disks no detachable, and PCI connection.
I've deactivated some kext inyections in Clover thinking that could be the problem but nothing happened.

Do someone knows if this has to do with High Sierra ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back