Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabrizio,
struggled with the same problem, I found a solution that maybe it is only relevant for my motherboard, but that's what I did
  • Mounted EFI
  • Replaced apfs.efi with the updated one (see first post in thread)
  • Moved /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to Desktop (I need it for later)
  • Apple Store : update to 10.13.1
  • Upon reboot, install from "Install macOS from (your drive name)"
  • Installation finalized, reboot to "your drive name" this time
  • Mounted EFI
  • Copied back EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from Desktop to /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/
  • (for my specific graphic card) Installed new Nvidia drivers
  • reboot
make sense for me! good job. I`ll try this today!

Edit from 10.13.1 :) installing NV .. cross your fingers!

Update: after some reboots .. who can please fine tune DSDT for USB 3.x?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-11-08 09.48.07.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-11-08 09.48.07.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Hi,
This is my findings after direct-updating using Clover on 4 different Mac hacks, from 12.6 and a laptop from 11.6.

1. Gigabyte h77-ds3h/i7-3770K/16GB ram/GF-960/MacPro6.1/ Dualboot Win 10/ MacOs 10.13.1
2. GA-H77N-Wifi /8gb/Intel Core i7 3770/GF 740/ OS 10.13.1
3. Intel DQ77KB/16GB ram/ Core i3-3225/ Mac OS 10.13.1
4. Fujitsu UH552 Laptop/16Gb/Intel Core i5-3317U/OS 10.13.1

Before update I made sure my essential kexts were up to date, also Clover must be up to date. Copy FakeSmc and Ethernetkext to Clover/Other, put the apfs file were it should be. All described by Stork.

I found that on my two Macs with Gigabyte motherboards and Nvidia graphics card, that in the end it was best to remove the Nvidia cards before updating. Even if it is possible to block the discrete card during update, I found it most ”time effective" to remove them, and update with the Intel Gpu.

The tricky one was to update Fujitsu uh552 from 11.6 to 13.1.

This machine only works in Clover legacy mode, and I thought it was coming to an end with 11.6. But after reading RehabMans laptop forum and common problems 13.1, I decided to give it a goo. Trackpad kext was new I read etc. Many good news there.

My 11.6 was in 100% working state inkl. iMessage (The Idiot guide) continuity etc. What could go wrong?

Well, the update started and the actual update worked, but it was not possible to start again, because Clover did not see any hard drive on reboot.

1. I put the apfs.efi file on my boot usb stick to /drivers64UEFI/. Booted again and Clover could see the hard drive. Installation finish.
2. Now huge problem. It can not boot without usb stick. Im not sure why, but maybe Clover can not see the EFI folder at the root, because of new filesystem.?
3. Well I found one solution. Boot in to the new 13.1 with usb stick, open disc utility and make a new MS-DOS partition of some small size, I used 400mb and that works. Maybe I am terribly lucky but this MS-DOS FAT actually is FAT32! Copy the content from my usb stick and reboot. It worked.

After using this patch (with Clover Configurator)
Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 whitelist patch (board-id), 10.12.dp1, credit RehabMan
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <31db4c3b 7dd87512>
Replace: <31dbffc3 90909090>

Now Wifi and Bluetooth works too. Everything else that worked before now works again in 13.1

You can update without converting by running the Installer with the right parameters as shown in this Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

Check the title “Alternative Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+)”

OK, did this. On latest Clover. FakeSMC kext was already in correct directory. I have a Realtek NIC in the machine so added that kext as well. On first reboot attempt, I get the kernel-panic screen.
Still able to boot into 10.12.6 so still OK, but any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• kernelpanicmac.jpg
    kernelpanicmac.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 153
Cr*p, layla81! I was really hoping to see a solution to the specific problem, since I've got what sounds like your exact situation...

I can get mine to boot correctly and with the new Nvidia drivers working, but on first reboot it goes into the boot loop. This is definitely somehow related to the emulated NVRAM, but I haven't sorted out precisely how.

(Guessing it may be related to the discovery that goes on with an "empty" emulated NVRAM, and maybe some bogus values that get stuck into the emulated NVRAM and screws up the reboot?)

I'm not even sure my Mobo (Z270x-UD5) needs emulated NVRAM, but I haven't got the system to work properly without it.
D-Chef, have you found a solution to this problem? Or you had to give up and try a new installation attempt?
Please let me know, as I am still interested in knowing the solution to this strange problem which caused me a big headache!!

How long did the update take to install? I'm waiting for 1 hour now!

Did I miss something? Update is at 90 percent and not progressing...

Edit: Had to cancel the update after waiting more than two hours!

What is wrong? Have no nvidia-drivers installed, just ALC 892 and Apple Intel E1000e.

Now stuck at Kextd stall [0] (240s) APPLEACPICPU.

Last edited:
Now stuck at Kextd stall [0] (240s) APPLEACPICPU.
Move FakeSMC.kext and all other kexts from "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13" folder to "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back