Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

Don't understand something. Haven't used my system for a while, now it says it wants to update to Sierra 11.
you have 2 options, update or not update

you have 2 options, update or not update
Yes, that was obvious to me, digital choice, yes or no. But I don't see anywhere in the whole tonymac website Sierra 11 mentioned! Should I update all the 10.xx.xx and stay away from 11 or what? What IS Sierra 11?

Yes, that was obvious to me, digital choice, yes or no. But I don't see anywhere in the whole tonymac website Sierra 11 mentioned! Should I update all the 10.xx.xx and stay away from 11 or what? What IS Sierra 11?
Perhaps you are confusing Sierra with Safari - There was a recent(ish) upgrade to Safari 11.

Perhaps you are confusing Sierra with Safari - There was a recent(ish) upgrade to Safari 11.
Oh ****, you're right. I just moved from Holland to Spain, wanted to get organised, too fast I guess. All these languages, Dutch, Spanish English, can't even read anymore. It's Safari 11, right. Thanks a lot and...sorry!

from the appstore
I don't think you can anymore. There was a whole thing about Sierra not being available since High Sierra came out. It's certainly not in my purchased list, though 10.11, 10.10, and 10.9 are.

I successfully updated to Sierra 10.12.6 I am facing issue with Nvidia web driver I am (getting blinking lines) on the display what to do I install the correct Nvidia web driver but it is not working it's selecting in the menu bar Nvidia web but if I try to open any other application on the system it's freezing help me please

I just bricked my 10.12.6 with installation of security updates, boot progress bar is stuck at 95%. Should be installation of security updates avoided, is there way how to fix it without re-instalation?

I will post error message (-v parameter) later, im still waiting if it will not boot, but it seems stuck for 10 minutes..

Ok there it is: // Something with GPU
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uijs1irq4wpreby/2017-12-05 02.59.46.jpg?dl=0 // Sorry for quality - i will do new photo later

Update:
- fixed by booting from USB - target original partition and reinstall Intel HD 530 drivers using Multibeast.

Last edited:
I installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 on an ASUS P8Z77-V LE motherboard with an Intel Core i7-3770K processor using Unibeast/Multibeast. I wanted to upgrade it to Mac OS Sierra, but the App Store says it can't complete the purchase since it can't be installed on this machine, and the more details was about what kind of machine Lion needed to be installed on, rather than Mac OS Sierra.

Here is what my System Information says:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.51 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): SOMESRLNMBR

Hardware UUID: B1E22D47-CB68-557F-8955-B9CD93CCA08C

What's wrong? I believe the system fits the requirements for Mac OS Sierra. I even tried downloading El Capitan, but the App Store gave me the same response.

EDIT: OK, I'm a Customac noob. Looking closer I noticed the serial number was bogus. It appears I need to address that. Not sure why Multibeast didn't handle it. Probably because I didn't choose either Easy Beast or the DSDT "do everything" options, since those didn't work for me. Instead I went through and only chose what was necessary. Including installing Chimera, but I guess the serial number generation doesn't happen in that case.

Last edited:
Back