Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

I installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 on an ASUS P8Z77-V LE motherboard with an Intel Core i7-3770K processor using Unibeast/Multibeast. I wanted to upgrade it to Mac OS Sierra, but the App Store says it can't complete the purchase since it can't be installed on this machine, and the more details was about what kind of machine Lion needed to be installed on, rather than Mac OS Sierra.

Here is what my System Information says:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.51 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): SOMESRLNMBR

Hardware UUID: B1E22D47-CB68-557F-8955-B9CD93CCA08C

What's wrong? I believe the system fits the requirements for Mac OS Sierra. I even tried downloading El Capitan, but the App Store gave me the same response.

EDIT: OK, I'm a Customac noob. Looking closer I noticed the serial number was bogus. It appears I need to address that. Not sure why Multibeast didn't handle it. Probably because I didn't choose either Easy Beast or the DSDT "do everything" options, since those didn't work for me. Instead I went through and only chose what was necessary. Including installing Chimera, but I guess the serial number generation doesn't happen in that case.
or try iMac14,2

Performed update on the Z170N. Everything went smoothly like butter.
Being a multiboot with win7, win10, sierra and HSierra the next step will be to upgrade high sierra.

WARNING: I Just Installed the 10.12.6 Security Update. (dumb move) It will hose your graphics if using NVIDIA. There is now no compatible NVIDIA driver. The Latest NVIDIA download for this system won't even install.
WebDriver-378.05.05.25f03
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 6.27.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 6.27.08 PM.png
    435.8 KB · Views: 235
or try iMac14,2
That system definition isn't available in the MultiBeast for Lion. Just installing the iMac 12,1 system definition fixed the problem for me. I had assumed that since the system was already showing the iMac 12,1 sysdef that that had been done already, but I guess the native MacOS software chose that sysdef for my system.

Anyway, that's all I needed because that was my first CustoMac build, but it was just a temporary build so that I could get the Mac OS Sierra distribution. I used my wife's Ivy Bridge computer for that, using an external USB drive. The goal is to install Mac OS Sierra on my newly built Kaby Lake system, which after reading a little sounded like it would be too hard to get Snow Leopard or Lion installed on that system. So any further questions/posts from me will probably be in a Mac OS Sierra build thread.

NVIDIA has updated drivers for El Capitan 10.11.6 and Sierra 10.12.6. Links at the thread below:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-updates-graphics-drivers-for-el-capitan-and-sierra.239914/

The latest Webdriver update for Sierra is not compatible. Just finished installing a Sierra Security Update on my wife's system (she doesn't want me to update it to High Sierra since it's working fine the way it is for her), The About This Mac window shows it at 10.12.6 version 16G1203.

Back