Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear at least one of you got it working. Thanks to UtterDisbelief, I realized I didn't have Lilu installed with Shiki so thought that might have been the problem but after putting both kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (do I add the .DSYM files somewhere in there, too?), resetting everything with the terminal commands as written in the Shiki post (using the one command for NVIDIA), and then rebooting, I still have no luck getting iTunes to play HD movies that used to work fine previously.

Screenshot 2017-04-01 15.13.02.png

IT´s WORKING!

I don't know why... but I just deactivated the "iGPU Initialisierung" Setting at the Bios -> Reboot -> again activating the "iGPU Initialisierung" Setting -> reboot and it is working with iTunes 12.6.0 100 :)

:beachball:

Thanks @DonaldBC for making me think about this ... :)

I don't know if this is a result of the 10.12.4 update, but things have certainly changed in a lot of areas for the release).

I haven't tried Shiki for a while as it had only partially worked before, the video breaking up and pixelating after only a short while.

I downloaded the latest version of Shiki - and Lilu because it is now a plug-in for this kext - and placed them in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and rebooted.

I now have DRM video playback in iTunes 12.6.0.100 :) Great!

(I don't have any Full HD movie files to test, only TV programs and music videos, however they are all DRM protected).

The system freezes have become less after re-installing 10.12.3 and then upgrading again to 10.12.4 using the Clover release 4045 - only time will tell if things are mended on that score.

:)

Had no problem with the update from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4:
1. Updated to Clover 4035 (from SourceForge.net)
2. Rebooted 10.12.3
3. Updated to MacOS 10.12.4 using App Store
4. Updated the Nvida driver 45f01 using Nvida preference panel and rebooted
5. I now have 10.12.4 with EVGA GTX970 (no audio problems)

Got Yuna upgraded from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 today:

1. Backed up the files I care about.
  2. Downloaded the Nvidia drivers from the first post.
  3. Updated using the Mac App Store.
  4. Installed the Nvidia drivers from step 2.
Painless upgrade.

Hi,
I did the update but since the first reboot it always ends up in a kernel panic, right after the apple logo appears.
I'm booting off a NVMe (Samsung 960 EVO). What I figured out is that the issue is likely due to the missing updated kext.

so what I did is I created the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext on my second mac, replaced the 10_12_3.kext on my recovery disk and tried to boot: Same result Kernel panic after a few seconds.

After I removed the NVMe entirely form the system I'm able to boot with the recovery disk.

Is there anything else I need to do other than replacing the kext in the Clover/Kext/Other directory to get the new version activated?

Greetings,
David

Good to hear at least one of you got it working. Thanks to UtterDisbelief, I realized I didn't have Lilu installed with Shiki so thought that might have been the problem but after putting both kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (do I add the .DSYM files somewhere in there, too?), resetting everything with the terminal commands as written in the Shiki post (using the one command for NVIDIA), and then rebooting, I still have no luck getting iTunes to play HD movies that used to work fine previously.

View attachment 245639

Sorry to hear that. This seems such a grey area - getting DRM video to play has been my longest-running problem. I was surprised it worked at all!

I will say though that I *didn't* do the Terminal commands. They seem too extreme to me. I remember trying them many moons ago and they made no difference but caused log-in problems. I've never been very happy with these kexts because no-one has clearly explained (for the average person) what they do.

Did you have video playing on the same hardware previously?
What system definition are you using? -- I'm using iMac14,2 and outputting through the GT740's HDMI port.
Do you have the iGPU enabled in BIOS but first init. PCIe ?

Good luck :)

Hi,
I did the update but since the first reboot it always ends up in a kernel panic, right after the apple logo appears.
I'm booting off a NVMe (Samsung 960 EVO). What I figured out is that the issue is likely due to the missing updated kext.

so what I did is I created the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext on my second mac, replaced the 10_12_3.kext on my recovery disk and tried to boot: Same result Kernel panic after a few seconds.

After I removed the NVMe entirely form the system I'm able to boot with the recovery disk.

Is there anything else I need to do other than replacing the kext in the Clover/Kext/Other directory to get the new version activated?

Greetings,
David

Ok some progress: I re created the kext with the spoof option. Now macOS starts loading but after about half way through I'm getting the stop sign.
Any suggestions?

To day Apr. 2, I have just up dated to 10.12.4 using my CCC drive. it worked like a charm I will do my main drive next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back