Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. What happens when you send a ping?
Code:
$ ping facebook.com
It pings ok. No problems there. works with all OS's and chrome, edge etc, just not Safari. All other web sites I've tried are OK. Got me stumped!

Hello all,

After upgrading to 10.12.4 I started having problems with network I guess - but it's all very weird. I am using RealtekRTL8111 kext for my ethernet card. I upgraded clover to the latest version too.

The symptoms are:
I boot up to a desktop without any problems. Ethernet card is on and I've got the IP address. It's just the internet not working. I cannot ping anything (ping is frozen and not doing anything). After few minutes usually it starts working. Any ideas ? Has anyone experienced anything like this ?

I tried using the latest kext for RTL8111 but it didn't help.

Many thanks for all your help !
I'm having similar issues. Mine starts ok but just freezes after a couple of hours for a couple of minutes and then resumes. This affects all network traffic. Looking into it...

My update ran perfectly and I am at 10.12.4 but I have lost my sound... Tried to re-run audio_cloverALC file I used to get sound running initially. I have digital out and three line out choices but none of them activate my speakers. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
I also have the same problem with my hackonford (it' now a Chevy) until I realised this is for a hackintosh. Please supply info on your hardware before your utterances can become meaningful

You could try flushing DNS and pf rules
Code:
$ sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
$ sudo -f pfctl /etc/pf.conf

go to System Preferences and open Network. delete all connection in netvork (Ethernet, wifi, etc.) save and close. after
go to /Library/preferences/System Configuration and delete network preferences plist. and reboot. got system preferences and add new connection type.

Unfortunately both thing didn't work. No idea what's going on here.

Hi,
Black screen issue:
I got my system back up and running. Still fighting the black screen issue:
The systems boots if I start it with the nv_disable=1 boot option.

would be really great if someone could help me out with some ideas....

David

Seems like I got the same issue with Ethernet. Works fine, and randomnly got 0 ping. Ethernet cable is connected and IP adress set. (RTL81111 too)
Sierra 10.12.4

Yelp, updated Clover (something over rev 4000)

Updated with App Store, now it won't boot fully, it gets stuck on about 90% of the progress bar (But it doesn't go fully black)

Verbose mode gets stuck at this line: "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back