Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i had a bit of a mess up. I updated to the new clover but i didn't restart the computer after the update completed. Instead i then updated sierra :banghead:.

Now i just get a black screen on boot up and don't know what to do.

I can access the bios settings and they have not reset to default so that isn't the issue.

please help :)

Ok i had a bit of a mess up. I updated to the new clover but i didn't restart the computer after the update completed. Instead i then updated sierra :banghead:.

Now i just get a black screen on boot up and don't know what to do.

I can access the bios settings and they have not reset to default so that isn't the issue.

please help :)

One way is to re-install an earlier version of Sierra using your UniBeast stick, if you still have it. The installer *should* recognise a previous installation and not delete any data. Once up and running again (unaccelerated graphics probably), re-install the latest Clover r4045, then update to 10.12.4 and install latest Nvidia web-drivers.

:)

One way is to re-install an earlier version of Sierra using your UniBeast stick, if you still have it. The installer *should* recognize a previous installation and not delete any data. Once up and running again (unaccelerated graphics probably), re-install the latest Clover r4045, then update to 10.12.4 and install latest Nvidia web-drivers.

Thank you for your response! i was able to boot to my Macintosh HD from my UniBeast USB. Do you know if there is a way I can update clover so I can boot regularly while being in macOS via UniBeast? My setting show I am on 10.12.4, but, when I restart to boot regularly, I just get a black screen again. :think:

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 12.29.04 PM.png

i have tried updating a few times through Clover but am not having any success

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 12.39.09 PM.png

Last edited:
After my traumatic experience with my previous update encountering the black screen of death, I hesitantly updated to 10.12.4

1. Updated to Clover 4035 (from SourceForge.net)
2. Rebooted 10.12.3 successfully to test the clover update
3. Updated to MacOS 10.12.4 using App Store
4. With only one flickering display working, I updated the Nvida driver 45f01 using Nvida preference panel and rebooted
5. I now have 10.12.4 with dual displays and GTX980TI (no audio problems)

Thanks to all the assurances in this thread!

I am now stuck in a login loop after updating from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4. I performed the following when upgrading...

1. Updated to the latest version of Clover.
2. Restarted
3. Ran the combo update of 10.12.4
4. On startup disabled the Nvidia web driver in clover startup options.

Now I get to my login screen, but I can't login. It simply acts like it is going to login after entering my password but flashes a black screen and returns me to the login screen. I have no way to now update the nvidia web driver to the latest.

Thoughts? I am pretty stuck.

Thanks!

Did the install from the App Store, rebooted. Updated NVIDIA drivers. Rebooted. Used clover to setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args so NVIDIA drivers were used. Rebooted. All is well. All appears to be working perfectly. I also see Night Shift in the prefs.

Thank you for your response! i was able to boot to my Macintosh HD from my UniBeast USB. Do you know if there is a way I can update clover so I can boot regularly while being in macOS via UniBeast? My setting show I am on 10.12.4, but, when I restart to boot regularly, I just get a black screen again. :think:

View attachment 245556

i have tried updating a few times through Clover but am not having any success

View attachment 245557

Ah good!

Well, that looks interesting/confusing... If you boot using the UniBeast stick and it has r3766 of Clover on it, you shouldn't be able to get to a 10.12.4 desktop! So if you can, that's something good!! (I believe if you have your extra kexts in the Library/Extensions folder instead of the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder it may indeed work) :) Most people - like me - just get a stuck Apple loading screen!

So if you can get to a 10.12.4 desktop then just run the Clover installer from Downloads etc.

If you can't install Clover 2.4 r4035, 4045 (or 9) - which is what happened to me - then I re-installed 10.12.3, updated Clover once it had completed, and then updated again to 10.12.4, as I mention in my previous post etc. Now everything is as it should be - with the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

Good luck!

I am now stuck in a login loop after updating from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4. I performed the following when upgrading...

1. Updated to the latest version of Clover.
2. Restarted
3. Ran the combo update of 10.12.4
4. On startup disabled the Nvidia web driver in clover startup options.

Now I get to my login screen, but I can't login. It simply acts like it is going to login after entering my password but flashes a black screen and returns me to the login screen. I have no way to now update the nvidia web driver to the latest.

Thoughts? I am pretty stuck.

Thanks!

Hmmm... Well I would try booting with the "-x" parameter added. This should load everything in SafeMode. If that works, then install the Nvidia drivers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back