Contribute
Register

Lightroom CC 2015 but Graphics Processor Acceleration is disabled :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thanks for that mate. Would you be so kind though to test it again with the latest Lightroom version?
This would be much appreciated by me and others with the same issue.

Thanks in advance Slim!

Here you go:

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.41.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.55.53 AM.png

I have gotten word back from a Adobe Lightroom Engineer.
It's a driver issue with a handful of older Intel and Nvidia graphic cards on the Mac, GTX760 included.

The problem is that when attempting to use the these GPU's to process images in the Camera RAW and Lightroom Develop pipeline, the driver may occasionally crash (thereby crashing the app)
To prevent this from happening, we have forcibly disabled GPU support for these specific models.

I have upgraded to the GTX970 and got support back in latest updates of Lightroom and Camera RAW. Everything feels just a bit smoother too, especially the sliders in Lightroom, even compared to the GTX760 supported in LR 2015.0.

So there you go, all Mac's are affected, not just us and the only way to fix this is by upgrading the GPU.

I have gotten word back from a Adobe Lightroom Engineer.
It's a driver issue with a handful of older Intel and Nvidia graphic cards on the Mac, GTX760 included.

I have upgraded to the GTX970 and got support back in latest updates of Lightroom and Camera RAW. Everything feels just a bit smoother too, especially the sliders in Lightroom, even compared to the GTX760 supported in LR 2015.0.

So there you go, all Mac's are affected, not just us and the only way to fix this is by upgrading the GPU.

Thanks a lot for the update. Interesting. So since I'm a photographer and use Lightroom almost every day I guess you would recommend a GPU update?

I thought it's not that big of a deal if the GPU is supported or not... Are there any benchmarks out there to do a comparison?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for the update. Interesting. So since I'm a photographer and use Lightroom almost every day I guess you would recommend a GPU update?

I thought it's not that big of a deal if the GPU is supported or not... Are there any benchmarks out there to do a comparison?

Thanks in advance.

Well, the difference between using and not using GPU support is night and day, at least here on my 4K monitor (according to Adobe more pixels get bigger boost)
The adjustment sliders alone make a big difference, very responsive and back to what it was before using my 4k screen. Instant results, no lag!
The 970 GTX was perfect for me since it was confirmed supported in LR by many fellow osx86 users. It can render a game if I want to at 1080p or 1440p with maxed out graphics (some even 4k) and it isn't top of the line so still has an attractive price tag on it. No noise in Mac (gaming on windows) and heat isn't an issue either.
The difference between the 760 GTX (supported in LR v2015.0) and 970 GTX was slightly noticeable since the 970 GTX works just a bit smoother, probably due to better openGL support (I'm no expert though)
I also upgraded from a 2500k to 4790k but I doubt this has made a difference in LR GUI performance.

So yeah I definitely recommend upgrading your GPU if you want to continue Raw processing with Lightroom in osx86.
If you're not into gaming and want to go cheaper the 960 GTX might do as well just make sure it is properly supported, ask around.
If possible get the MSI Gaming series which have the Twinfrozer coolers. My 760 GTX had it and now the 970 GTX and I wouldn't go for any other brand anymore.

Good luck my friend!

Thank you very much! That actually helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back