Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using a X99 System with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 and the newest Nvidia Web Drivers for 10.10.4
In Photoshop CC 2015 the system recognizes the graphics card but in Lightroom I get this error: https://db.tt/33qewzgT

Any help would be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

The weird thing is that the graphic acceleration is Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 is working flawlessly :crazy:
Anyone an idea?

You might want to try reinstalling Lightroom. I am not having this issue with a GTX 970.

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 2.38.23 PM.png

Strange that it is working in Photoshop. I am not having an issue with a GTX 750 in either PS or LR CC.

It might be that LR and PS are different enough animals to cause this?

From Adobe:

Please Note:

• Lightroom runs a test on the graphics card when you launch the application. If the test fails, the graphics card will be disabled even if the graphics card meets the minumum requirements. Try the troubleshooting steps below to try to resolve the error. Some graphics cards, despite meeting the minumum requirements, may never be compatible with Lightroom for graphics acceleration.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Have you tried contacting Adobe?

Same issue here and haven't found a solution yet.
Have reinstalled LR to no effect.

Hmm I hoped for El Capitan (with new drivers) curing this problem but nope, OpenGL still not supported in Lightroom.
I haven't tried the Nvidia drivers but it won't make any difference.
Too bad, the 760 works great, even for some gaming at 1080p.
I'm looking into buying the 970, maybe the faster speeds and 4GB VRAM will pair better with my 4K monitor.
Also OpenGL and OpenCL are supposed to work much faster on these newer cards right?
Well it's that or contacting Nvidia or Adobe explaining my hack isn't running like it should :rolleyes:

Take care guys

You might want to try reinstalling Lightroom. I am not having this issue with a GTX 970.

Do you still have GPU support with the latest version of Lightroom?
I believe that's v2015.2.1 (CC) or 6.1.2 (standalone)
I am still running 2015 base because newer versions brake support.

Thanks in advance

Looks like I cannot send a PM to a moderater, Slim Jim in this case so hopefully someone will pick this up and forward my message.
I am on the verge of buying a 970GTX but first I need to make sure GPU support is still working with the latest Lightroom version which is now at 6.3 or 2015.3 (CC)

Thanks in advance!

Looks like I cannot send a PM to a moderater, Slim Jim in this case so hopefully someone will pick this up and forward my message.
I am on the verge of buying a 970GTX but first I need to make sure GPU support is still working with the latest Lightroom version which is now at 6.3 or 2015.3 (CC)

Thanks in advance!

I'll have to reinstall Lightroom. I don't use it and only installed it earlier to test for this thread.

I'll have to reinstall Lightroom. I don't use it and only installed it earlier to test for this thread.

Oh thanks for that mate. Would you be so kind though to test it again with the latest Lightroom version?
This would be much appreciated by me and others with the same issue.

Thanks in advance Slim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back