Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

I uploaded RehabMan.zip.

The output from "kextstat|grep -y acpiplat" is:"13 2 0xffffff7f81cc7000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>"

"kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu" does not give any output.

I will post IOReg, right now I'm installing Xcode so it can work.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 94
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Can I use IOJones ? I installed Xcode but IORegistryExplorer doenst work.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Can I use IOJones ? I installed Xcode but IORegistryExplorer doenst work.

The IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the linked post works just fine.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I uploaded RehabMan.zip.

The output from "kextstat|grep -y acpiplat" is:"13 2 0xffffff7f81cc7000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>"

"kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu" does not give any output.

I will post IOReg, right now I'm installing Xcode so it can work.

Your "patchmatic -extract" output demonstrates you forgot to drop the OEM SSDTs (there are duplicates, unpatched and patched).

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Your "patchmatic -extract" output demonstrates you forgot to drop the OEM SSDTs (there are duplicates, unpatched and patched).

So I should boot again in Linux and take the SSDT and DSDT files again ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

So I should boot again in Linux and take the SSDT and DSDT files again ?

No. You need to set your bootloader to drop OEM SSDTs. You cannot provide patched SSDTs without dropping the OEM ones.

It is covered in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Please update your profile to include bootloader...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

No. You need to set your bootloader to drop OEM SSDTs. You cannot provide patched SSDTs without dropping the OEM ones.

It is covered in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Is this the part you are referring "Finally, keep in mind you cannot provide patched SSDTs without dropping the OEM SSDTs that they replace. The easiest way is to use DropSSDT=Yes (Chameleon) or ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true (Clover) to drop all the SSDTs, then provide the patched (and unpatched) files for loading by the bootloader." ?

1.If not then please tell me how to set my bootloader to drop OEM SSDTs.

2. If that's the part you are referring to then I should set Clover to drop OEM SSDT's then boot into Linux and take the files ? Or can I use patchmatic in OS X ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Is this the part you are referring "Finally, keep in mind you cannot provide patched SSDTs without dropping the OEM SSDTs that they replace. The easiest way is to use DropSSDT=Yes (Chameleon) or ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true (Clover) to drop all the SSDTs, then provide the patched (and unpatched) files for loading by the bootloader." ?

Yes.

2. If that's the part you are referring to then I should set Clover to drop OEM SSDT's then boot into Linux and take the files ? Or can I use patchmatic in OS X ?

Dropping OEM SSDTs has nothing to do with SSDT extraction (except when using "patchmatic -extract"). You have already extracted/patched your files.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

If you have your patched SSDT files in [SYSTEM_DRV]/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, then just open your config.plist with Clover Configurator, go to the ACPI tab and check "Drop OEM" and reboot. If you haven't completed Part IV of the guide, then you should do so BEFORE rebooting...

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Thank you @OatmealDome.

After I did that it doesnt boot anymore. Here's how it looks in verbose mode. After a few seconds the screen scrambles and remains like that.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 11, 8 49 49 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 11, 8 49 49 PM.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 108
  • Photo Jan 11, 8 50 48 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 11, 8 50 48 PM.jpg
    676.7 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back