Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Thank you @OatmealDome.

After I did that it doesnt boot anymore. Here's how it looks in verbose mode. After a few seconds the screen scrambles and remains like that.

Assuming you did all the kexts/DSDT patching correctly, it could be a kernel cache problem (Clover kext patches can only work on kexts it loads).

Try booting without caches.

Otherwise double-check your work. The method employed by post #1 for graphics is a bit complex, and all the pieces have to be done correctly.

You may be able to plug in an HDMI monitor (it depends on where your mistake is)...

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I plugged in a HDMI monitor when the scrambled image appeared and BOOM. It worked.

I can't see anything on the laptop display but I can see on the external Monitor.

Also, the Graphic card is now recognized: "Intel HD 4600 1536MB".

How can I fix this ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I plugged in a HDMI monitor when the scrambled image appeared and BOOM. It worked.

I can't see anything on the laptop display but I can see on the external Monitor.

Also, the Graphic card is now recognized: "Intel HD 4600 1536MB".

How can I fix this ?

You probably missed one of the graphics related steps in post #1.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

This is where I edited the Azul kext patch, that's the only mistake that I could make (not entering it in the correct application or something like that).

Also, I am sure the DSDT and SSDT are patched 100% correctly.

The only problem I could think of is with the SSDT, but you said I should edit SSDT-4 so I'm guessing that's not the problem....

Maybe @OatmealDome has some suggestions too :D

Attachments

• Photo Jan 11, 9 21 17 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 11, 9 21 17 PM.jpg
    982.1 KB · Views: 164
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

This is where I edited the Azul kext patch, that's the only mistake that I could make (not entering it in the correct application or something like that).

Also, I am sure the DSDT and SSDT are patched 100% correctly.

The only problem I could think of is with the SSDT, but you said I should edit SSDT-4 so I'm guessing that's not the problem....

Maybe @OatmealDome has some suggestions too :D

Did you rebuild cache and reboot?

If it doesn't help, I can check your config...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Did you rebuild cache and reboot?

[/code]

How do I do that ?

Is this the command "kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions" ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

I have no idea if those patches are actually disabled, so maybe try backing up your existing config.plist and removing everything that is not the "lenovo y50 - intel 4600" patch...

Also, if you have "Inject Intel" turned on in the graphics tab and an ig-platform-id that is not 0x0d260007, try changing the ig-platform-id to 0x0d260007.

You can rebuild caches just by opening Kext Utility without dragging/dropping anything onto the application.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Tried that, still doenst work.

I have intel injection turned off, should I turn it on ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

How do I do that ?

Is this the command "kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions" ?

Use Kext Wizard.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

I remembered that you mentioned "4k resolution", so I'm assuming that you have the model with a UHD display... Perhaps a different framebuffer/ig-platform-id must be used to allow OS X to output in that high of a resolution with graphics acceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back