Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, I can't apply ANY patch to the SSDT.

I opened it (mine is named SSDT7.dsl instead of SSDT-7.dsl, if it matters).

I click on a patch, it loads but the Apply button remains grey, I cant click it. What could cause this ?

By "loads" i mean it shows the text but it doesnt show anything in the before > after screen.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, I can't apply ANY patch to the SSDT.

I opened it (mine is named SSDT7.dsl instead of SSDT-7.dsl, if it matters).

I click on a patch, it loads but the Apply button remains grey, I cant click it. What could cause this ?

No idea without seeing 1) the file you're trying to patch, and 2) the specific patch you're trying to apply.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

What I have (under windows' Device Manager's Network adapters) are:

some bluetooths
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
TAP-Win32 Adapter V9
VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter

Are any of these compatible? If not, how do I go about buying compatible hardware for my laptop. and what would you advise me to get?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

What I have (under windows' Device Manager's Network adapters) are:

some bluetooths
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
TAP-Win32 Adapter V9
VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter

Are any of these compatible? If not, how do I go about buying compatible hardware for my laptop. and what would you advise me to get?

"Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" is likely RTL8111 (wired Ethernet). There is a build in Multibeast for this chip, although I have my own build: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Realtek-Network.

"Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" is Intel WiFi and is not supported.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

No idea without seeing 1) the file you're trying to patch, and 2) the specific patch you're trying to apply.

Attached the file. I tried the text patch included in the post, Haswell HD4600 and GFX0 to IGPU, the apply button remains grey. I tried other patches and the button lights up, but on some patches.

Attachments

• SSDT7.dsl
    2 KB · Views: 136
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Attached the file. I tried the text patch included in the post, Haswell HD4600 and GFX0 to IGPU, the apply button remains grey. I tried other patches and the button lights up, but on some patches.

You're patching the wrong file. This is a CPU related SSDT and is generally included unchanged or dropped.

You should probably understand better what you're doing...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

You're patching the wrong file. This is a CPU related SSDT and is generally included unchanged or dropped.

You should probably understand better what you're doing...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Here are the other ones, which should I patch ?

edit: Well I dont know what I'm doing. I need baby steps, this is too much for me. I read the thread but I'm afraid of patching the wrong file and having to do this all over again, can you see which one is the right one ?

Attachments

• SSDT1.dsl
    28.3 KB · Views: 100
  • SSDT2.dsl
    9.5 KB · Views: 128
  • SSDT3.dsl
    14.7 KB · Views: 142
  • SSDT4.dsl
    103.4 KB · Views: 122
  • SSDT5.dsl
    7.6 KB · Views: 139
  • SSDT6.dsl
    10.5 KB · Views: 134
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Here are the other ones, which should I patch ?

It depends on what you're trying to fix. Your GFX0 device (_ADR 0x00020000) is defined in SSDT4.dsl, so that's where you do any graphics/brightness patches.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, I reached part V - Power Management and followed the instructions then rebooted.

NOTHING has changed. The graphics are still buggy and it takes about 2-3 minutes to log in.

Also, HD4600 is not recognized, in the About This Mac screen it appears "Graphics 31 MB"

What could be the cause of this, what do I need to check ? I am 100% sure the ssdt and dsdt patches are correctly done.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, I reached part V - Power Management and followed the instructions then rebooted.

NOTHING has changed. The graphics are still buggy and it takes about 2-3 minutes to log in.

Also, HD4600 is not recognized, in the About This Mac screen it appears "Graphics 31 MB"

What could be the cause of this, what do I need to check ? I am 100% sure the ssdt and dsdt patches are correctly done.

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back