Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Thank you both very much for the help - I'm learning a lot through this process! I've gotten things patched and working now. After replacing the wireless card with a BCM94352Z and using RehabMan's FakePCIID kext for it I'm able to use 2.4GHz wireless without an issue; 5GHz doesn't work, but I understand there's a DSDT patch for that, plus it's off topic.

Regarding the Intel framebuffers, I've found that display personality 0x0a2e000a presents a flawless internal display, but as soon as it goes to sleep it never comes back. The default display personality, 0x0a260006, now works after all of the DSDT/SSDT patching, but has artifacts in the menubar and on the login screen in some areas. Every other app I've tried (Photo Booth, Safari, and Mail, namely) work fine. Is there any way to eliminate the corruption on this display profile, or is this as good as it gets?

Thanks again, guys! Your knowledge is indispensable!

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

Have you tried using id 0x0d260007? (you must follow part IV of the guide to try that id otherwise the internal display will be glitchy) It works fine for me, no graphics corruption and HDMI out works fine. If I remember correctly, the 0x0a***** ids didn't have HDMI out working when I tried it.

Also, thanks for mentioning a working wireless card model, I was actually going to look into replacing my card with a OS X working one and it's great to know a specific model that is confirmed working.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

That display personality works really well, thanks! The only two issues I have now are the UI lag after getting to the login screen/waking the display (it lags for a good ten seconds before becoming usable) and the really crappy Elan trackpad driver. Any ideas for either? I'm tempted to just install VoodooPS2Controller so I can get something stable that doesn't let the mouse fly in every which direction when lifting a finger off the pad. The Elan driver also tends to lock up the trackpad if you try to do gestures more than once or twice.. it's really weird.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

I get the same UI lag too! I'm not entirely sure what's causing it either too... About VoodooPS2, if it works for you, then by all means use it! It "feels" and works better than the Elan driver...

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

I get the same UI lag too! I'm not entirely sure what's causing it either too... About VoodooPS2, if it works for you, then by all means use it! It "feels" and works better than the Elan driver...

It's frustrating... I had VoodooPS2Controller working at one point, but now it's as sporadic as everyone else has mentioned. The Elan driver "works", but causes kernel panics and sometimes freezes the entire trackpad. It's extremely frustrating, and while it appears the developer is working on a new version, it seems very buggy. I'm happy to have something that works, of course, but I still lament the inability to use the trackpad, essentially.

I did notice something though.. it seemed the UI lag disappeared when I removed PS2 kexts altogether. Coincidence?

EDIT: Scratch that.. it's just a 'happy' coincidence. Feh.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Thank you both very much for the help - I'm learning a lot through this process! I've gotten things patched and working now. After replacing the wireless card with a BCM94352Z and using RehabMan's FakePCIID kext for it I'm able to use 2.4GHz wireless without an issue; 5GHz doesn't work, but I understand there's a DSDT patch for that, plus it's off topic.

Regarding the Intel framebuffers, I've found that display personality 0x0a2e000a presents a flawless internal display, but as soon as it goes to sleep it never comes back. The default display personality, 0x0a260006, now works after all of the DSDT/SSDT patching, but has artifacts in the menubar and on the login screen in some areas. Every other app I've tried (Photo Booth, Safari, and Mail, namely) work fine. Is there any way to eliminate the corruption on this display profile, or is this as good as it gets?

Thanks again, guys! Your knowledge is indispensable!

Try this patch for 0xa2e000a (for KextsToPatch)

Comment: Enable internal display after sleep for 0xa2e000a/0xa26000a
Name: AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul
Find: <01000000 40000000 d6000000 05050000>
Repl: <01000000 40000000 1e000000 05050000>

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

As a newb with a y50, let me ask this. If I go through this tutorial and do everything, if I understood correctly, I will still have a nonfunctioning wi-fi. How can I do everything AND have a working wi-fi card?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

As a newb with a y50, let me ask this. If I go through this tutorial and do everything, if I understood correctly, I will still have a nonfunctioning wi-fi. How can I do everything AND have a working wi-fi card?

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Thank you OatemealDome and RehabMan for all the replies.

I have a new problem now.

I extracted the DSDT and SSDT files from linux and imported the dsdt in maciasl.

This is the error I get when I click compile. What should I do ?

The error I get is "Result is not used. operator has no effect" and it highlights the "And (Local0, 0x60)" line.

If it matters when I applied the patches I didnt find "GFX0 to IGPU" so I used "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"...maybe its the same thing.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 11, 6 15 22 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 11, 6 15 22 PM.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 157
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

The error I get is "Result is not used. operator has no effect" and it highlights the "And (Local0, 0x60)" line.

Remove the line. As the error message states, it has no effect.

If it matters when I applied the patches I didnt find "GFX0 to IGPU" so I used "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"...maybe its the same thing.

The correct name is "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" -- it has never been called "GFX to IGPU". Clearly a typo in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back