Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

I have no idea if those patches are actually disabled, so maybe try backing up your existing config.plist and removing everything that is not the "lenovo y50 - intel 4600" patch...

Also, if you have "Inject Intel" turned on in the graphics tab and an ig-platform-id that is not 0x0d260007, try changing the ig-platform-id to 0x0d260007.

You can rebuild caches just by opening Kext Utility without dragging/dropping anything onto the application.

I deleted the patches and now HDMI doenst work so I cant see anything.

I think if I turn on Intel injection it would work, but I need to restore my backed up plist file. How do i do that ?

NEVERMIND, just cable problem. Im turning on Intel Injection now.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

I remembered that you mentioned "4k resolution", so I'm assuming that you have the model with a UHD display... Perhaps a different framebuffer/ig-platform-id must be used to allow OS X to output in that high of a resolution with graphics acceleration?

Much changes with QHD...

QHD info:

There is some detailed info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...raphics-qhd-built-display-need-some-help.html

Also here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/137928-guide-dell-xps-9530-a.html

--

For both iPlayGuitar & OatmealDome...

Which is why I ask that people fill out their profile with details...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

Thank you, I just made an edit to the guide making it clear that there are additional steps for UHD displays and included those two links. I've also updated my signature to include my system information.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, I will check that guide tomorrow. I guess these steps are ok: "Download macPixelClockPatcher.command
Execute sudo macPixelClockPatcher.command, a backup of IOKit named IOKit.bak should automatically be created.
Once IOKit is patched it needs to be codesigned in order to be loaded correctly:
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
Now prepare Clover to patch an existing framebuffer, mount the EFI volume of your boot disk and open Clover config.plist, add the following kext patch:

Code:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable 128MB for Azul framebuffer 0x0a2e0008</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
CAAuCgEDAwMAAAAE
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
CAAuCgEDAwMAAAAI
</data>
</dict>
Next enable injection of ig-platform-id in Clover

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>InjectEDID</key>
<false/>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0a2e0008</string>
Additionally rebuild your kernel cache using "Kext Utility"."

BUT, could it be possible to FORCE a HD resolution ? Before I edited the DSDT and SSDT's I have QHD Resolution and it was very "zoomed out", I didnt like it. Is there a way to force normal Full HD Resolution ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

Before you try to enable the UHD resolution, maybe you should try:

1. Plug in an HDMI monitor.
2. Download and install SwitchResX.
3. Use SwitchResX to change the resolution of the internal display to 1920x1080

and see if it works.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok, I will check that guide tomorrow. I guess these steps are ok: "Download macPixelClockPatcher.command
Execute sudo macPixelClockPatcher.command, a backup of IOKit named IOKit.bak should automatically be created.
Once IOKit is patched it needs to be codesigned in order to be loaded correctly:
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
Now prepare Clover to patch an existing framebuffer, mount the EFI volume of your boot disk and open Clover config.plist, add the following kext patch:
[/I]BUT, could it be possible to FORCE a HD resolution ? Before I edited the DSDT and SSDT's I have QHD Resolution and it was very "zoomed out", I didnt like it. Is there a way to force normal Full HD Resolution ?

As far as I know, the only QHD success here has been the-darkvoid's Dell. It is likely you're laptop will require a different framebuffer configuration (but patching IOKit is key).

QHD implemented properly will give you retina-style scaling.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

Before you try to enable the UHD resolution, maybe you should try:

1. Plug in an HDMI monitor.
2. Download and install SwitchResX.
3. Use SwitchResX to change the resolution of the internal display to 1920x1080

and see if it works.

SwitchResX doesnt recognize the Display, and neither does it show up in the Displays Preference Panel.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I guess all you can do is follow RehabMan's advice and try to get the display working using thedarkvoid's notes.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I guess all you can do is follow RehabMan's advice and try to get the display working using thedarkvoid's notes.

Hey man, after all the hard work you put into it, Can you use Yosemite now as your daily driver ?

I am in the process of patching dsdt/ssdts as I only get 1 hour of spare time each day to make it work.

Just wanted to know, does your system work flawlessly ? My mouse in yosemite lags etc, but I still have to complete all the steps by the way.

P.S - Thanks for the wonderful guide too.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

@RehabMan, OatmealDome

I tried patching the IOKit with no luck.

I tried the-darkvoid's .command file but when I run it an error pops up.

So I type "sudo xxxxxx.command" and I get "command not found", yes I am in the right directory in terminal.

After that I tried mopi's version:

HTML:
Check the md5 of IOKit binary :
Open the terminal and paste this command :
Code:md5 /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKitIf you see (go to the md5 in bold corresponding to your case) :
6105cc8f503b589f8b3ce2d3917ad150
this is the genuine 10.9.4 file, and it's not patched yet.
Open the terminal, and use this command lines :
Code:sudo perl -i.bak -pe '$before = qr"\x0F\x85\x9D\x03\x00\x00"s;s/$before/\xE9\x84\x03\x00\x00\x90/g' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
sudo touch /System/Library/ExtensionsNow, check the md5, it's should be fa60af29f293214caab2b74223f9638d
Goto the step below.

fa60af29f293214caab2b74223f9638d: 
the file is patched, but it's not codesign, so your computer will freeze before launch GUI.
You just have to Code sign with the line :
Code:sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKitCheck the md5, it's should be 5b0f22829df4a0c2ea35ba468d8cb074

5b0f22829df4a0c2ea35ba468d8cb074:
the file is correctly patched, and signed.

But the md5's values are completely diferent.

So, is my IOKit completely destroyed now ?
How should I patch it correctly ?

Edit: I made the .command run, but it doenst recognize my file.
"If no output is generated that means your version of IOKit was not recognized for some reason, currently 10.9.0 until 10.9.4 should be supported."

I uploaded my iokit.framework if it helps. As I can see Yosemite is not supported. Can someone help me if I upload my IORegistry ?

Attachments

• IOKit.framework.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back