Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

So, i just installed Yosemite.

So far the trackpad isn't working and there's a ton of graphic bugs. I included a photo of one.

Do I need to install Windows now in order to install clover to the HDD or can I use your (RehabMan) guide to install Clover on HDD from mac and then following OatmealDome's guide from here:
"13. Using Clover Configurator, mount your EFI Partition by going to Mount EFI > Mount EFI Partition > Enter your password > Click Continue if you see a disk identifier error

14. Open [SYSTEM_DRV]/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with Clover Configurator.
"

?

Attachments

• Photo Jan 10, 10 56 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 10 56 36 PM.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 224
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Since RehabMan hasn't responded, i'll just add my two cents:

I think you should just install windows first, since you'll need to have a working Windows installation to prioritize the clover bootloader over the windows bootloader...

EDIT: Those graphics bugs are also due to no graphics acceleration (QE/CI). Yosemite uses graphics acceleration to drive much of the GUI, so things like animation look a bit terrible and laggy without it.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

After completely recreating the USB installer I was able to get back into the OS X installer. When trying to boot from USB for the installation I was NOT able to use the HD4600 config.plist that Rehabman has on his repository, but upon using the Mavericks 4600 plist I was at least able to boot without super garbled graphics; it did not matter which graphics ID I tried in the original 4600 plist, I simply could not see anything in the installer without swapping to the Mavericks-compatible 4600 plist.

I'm at the point where I should be patching my DSDT, though I can't compile due to four errors. I've attached the DSL file from MaciASL, and rather than simply delete them and compile I'd like to ask for help. Could someone assist me in resolving these compilation errors?

Attachments

• DSDT-edit.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 122
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

After completely recreating the USB installer I was able to get back into the OS X installer. When trying to boot from USB for the installation I was NOT able to use the HD4600 config.plist that Rehabman has on his repository, but upon using the Mavericks 4600 plist I was at least able to boot without super garbled graphics; it did not matter which graphics ID I tried in the original 4600 plist, I simply could not see anything in the installer without swapping to the Mavericks-compatible 4600 plist.

I'm at the point where I should be patching my DSDT, though I can't compile due to four errors. I've attached the DSL file from MaciASL, and rather than simply delete them and compile I'd like to ask for help. Could someone assist me in resolving these compilation errors?

The DSDT you attached has no errors.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

For the first 3, those errors appear if I don't decompile with iasl with the SSDT .aml files with the DSDT file. The last one I appear to have missed, as it appears even in my proper decompile. Try the following dsdt patch: (ignore the regex monstrosity of the multiple \s)

Code:
into method label _Q11 code_regex \^\^\^GFX0\.AINT\s\(One\)\n\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\sDerefOf\s\(Index\s\(PLV1,\sLocal0\)\) replace_matched begin^^^GFX0.AINT (One, DerefOf (Index (PLV1, Local0)))
end;
into method label _Q12 code_regex \^\^\^GFX0\.AINT\s\(One\)\n\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\sDerefOf\s\(Index\s\(PLV1,\sLocal0\)\) replace_matched begin
^^^GFX0.AINT (One, DerefOf (Index (PLV1, Local0)))
end;
into method label VPCW code_regex \^\^\^\^GFX0\.AINT\s\(One\)\n\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\sDerefOf\s\(Index\s\(PLV1,\sLocal0\)\) replace_matched begin
^^^^GFX0.AINT (One, DerefOf (Index (PLV1, Local0)))
end;
into method label MHCF code_regex And\s\(Local0,\s0x60\) replace_matched begin
And (Local0, 0x60, Local0)
end;

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

For the first 3, those errors appear if I don't decompile with iasl with the SSDT .aml files with the DSDT file. The last one I appear to have missed, as it appears even in my proper decompile. Try the following dsdt patch: (ignore the regex monstrosity of the multiple \s)

Code:
into method label _Q11 code_regex \^\^\^GFX0\.AINT\s\(One\)\n\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\sDerefOf\s\(Index\s\(PLV1,\sLocal0\)\) replace_matched begin^^^GFX0.AINT (One, DerefOf (Index (PLV1, Local0)))
end;
into method label _Q12 code_regex \^\^\^GFX0\.AINT\s\(One\)\n\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\sDerefOf\s\(Index\s\(PLV1,\sLocal0\)\) replace_matched begin
^^^GFX0.AINT (One, DerefOf (Index (PLV1, Local0)))
end;
into method label VPCW code_regex \^\^\^\^GFX0\.AINT\s\(One\)\n\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\s\sDerefOf\s\(Index\s\(PLV1,\sLocal0\)\) replace_matched begin
^^^^GFX0.AINT (One, DerefOf (Index (PLV1, Local0)))
end;
into method label MHCF code_regex And\s\(Local0,\s0x60\) replace_matched begin
And (Local0, 0x60, Local0)
end;

You won't have such errors if you disassemble correctly (iasl -da -dl *.aml), where *.aml evaluates to all SSDTs and DSDT.

Note: You can use regex \s+ to match one more more spaces.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

You won't have such errors if you disassemble correctly (iasl -da -dl *.aml), where *.aml evaluates to all SSDTs and DSDT.

Note: You can use regex \s+ to match one more more spaces.

I apologize; misinterpreted the instructions in your post about decompiling. I have a compiled DSDT now thanks to you both.

Moving on to SSDT patching, I don't seem to have an SSDT-7x. I instead have the following:

DSDT.aml
DSDT.dsl
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-0.dsl
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-1.dsl
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-2.dsl
SSDT-4x.aml
SSDT-4x.dsl
SSDT-5x.aml
SSDT-5x.dsl
SSDT-6x.aml
SSDT-6x.dsl
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-7.dsl

I tried to apply the patches to SSDT-7.dsl, though a few didn't have anything to patch. Thoughts?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I apologize; misinterpreted the instructions in your post about decompiling. I have a compiled DSDT now thanks to you both.

Moving on to SSDT patching, I don't seem to have an SSDT-7x. I instead have the following:

DSDT.aml
DSDT.dsl
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-0.dsl
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-1.dsl
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-2.dsl
SSDT-4x.aml
SSDT-4x.dsl
SSDT-5x.aml
SSDT-5x.dsl
SSDT-6x.aml
SSDT-6x.dsl
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-7.dsl

I tried to apply the patches to SSDT-7.dsl, though a few didn't have anything to patch. Thoughts?

Applying patches should not be based on the name of the files, but rather their content.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

See if SSDT-7.dsl has a GFX0 device. If there isn't, then you should try and look through each file for a GFX0 device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back