Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

Yes, I am assigning drive letter B: to the system partition. You also seem to have caught a mistake (thanks by the way): Windows can't read HFS+ drives...

You will need another USB drive formatted to any filesystem that Windows and OS X can read and write like FAT32 (OS X has no NTFS write support by default). Copy the EFI folder on your Clover USB to the new USB using your Mac so you can proceed with the steps that require Windows.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

Some of it may work, depending on what hardware the Y410P has. The DSDT and SSDT patching section will most likely be different for your laptop, so you'll have to fix any compilation errors yourself instead of me giving you a patch that fixes them for you (like in Part II, Step 7).

You'll just have to try following the guide and see if it works.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi,

Yes, I am assigning drive letter B: to the system partition. You also seem to have caught a mistake (thanks by the way): Windows can't read HFS+ drives...

You will need another USB drive formatted to any filesystem that Windows and OS X can read and write like FAT32 (OS X has no NTFS write support by default). Copy the EFI folder on your Clover USB to the new USB using your Mac so you can proceed with the steps that require Windows.

After assigning letter B, I cant double click and open "B" partition. It denies permission.

One more thing -

Can you please add all kexts in a single rar file and upload ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi dude, I have the same laptop (with 4K display tho, don't think it matters) and im about to follow your guide.

Just one question, have you fixed this: "- it could be a good idea to come up with a config.plist patch for your framebuffer/ig-platform-id changes instead of patching the kext manually (otherwise, the first OS X update will break your system) " ?

Thanks !

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi dude, I have the same laptop (with 4K display tho, don't think it matters) and im about to follow your guide.

Just one question, have you fixed this: "- it could be a good idea to come up with a config.plist patch for your framebuffer/ig-platform-id changes instead of patching the kext manually (otherwise, the first OS X update will break your system) " ?

Thanks !

Learn about Clover kext hotpatching: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#KextsToPatch

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

You said "2. In addition to FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, etc..., install ApplePS2, Elan, Touchpad.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext when following RehabMan's guide."

but RehabMan's guide doesnt say anything about NullCPUPowerManagement.

So, the kext's that I should install are: FakeSMC, NullCPUPM, Voodoo PS2, Apple PS2, Elan Touchpad and
RealtekRTL8111 ? Am I right ?

Also, what is that Touchpad.kext ? Could you put a link for the kexts or upload a zip with the ones you used ?

Thanks !

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

You said "2. In addition to FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, etc..., install ApplePS2, Elan, Touchpad.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext when following RehabMan's guide."

but RehabMan's guide doesnt say anything about NullCPUPowerManagement.

So, the kext's that I should install are: FakeSMC, NullCPUPM, Voodoo PS2, Apple PS2, Elan Touchpad and
RealtekRTL8111 ? Am I right ?

Also, what is that Touchpad.kext ? Could you put a link for the kexts or upload a zip with the ones you used ?

Thanks !

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is never needed when using Clover.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is never needed when using Clover.

This Guide is very good but I'm waiting for OatmealDome to update it. Especially these 2 steps:

"2. In addition to FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, etc..., install ApplePS2, Elan, Touchpad.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext when following RehabMan's guide.

3. Modify your config.plist in [USB Drive]/EFI/CLOVER for these settings (Clover Configurator can help you with this):
- Turn AirPortFix off.
- Turn on KernelPm."

The config.plist's provided in RehabMan's guide have no "AirPortFix" (Haswell Intel HD 4600) entry. Should I use the default Clover plist ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

This Guide is very good but I'm waiting for OatmealDome to update it. Especially these 2 steps:

"2. In addition to FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, etc..., install ApplePS2, Elan, Touchpad.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext when following RehabMan's guide.

You should find the Elan ps2 driver and read the instructions with it.

3. Modify your config.plist in [USB Drive]/EFI/CLOVER for these settings (Clover Configurator can help you with this):
- Turn AirPortFix off.
- Turn on KernelPm."

No need to do any of that if using my config.plist files... They already have the correct settings for most laptops.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

This is my kext folder, is this correct ? Should I add/remove something ? Elan is v3.8

I attached an image with the error I get.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 6.28.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 6.28.45 PM.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 354
  • Photo Jan 10, 6 45 30 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 6 45 30 PM.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 366
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back