Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 will not boot to setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did use all the other flags you mentioned earlier. I am currently using a 16GB Lexar USB 2.0 stick that I got from Fry's on Black Friday a couple years back. Am I not using Clover right now? I thought I have been using it. I also looked at the BIOS settings on the computer and there are no settings involving USB other than Boot to USB.

When using a 16GB stick, make sure the partition containing the installer is only 8GB.

I assumed you were using Unibeast...

Oh... if you're using Clover (we are trying to get bootloader into the Profile), then try with config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership-=true

Chameleon/Chimera USB related flags do nothing on Clover.

The FixOwnership = true worked! However now I am getting a crap ton of errors.
When all the errors finish, the computer restarts back into windows.

1960946_10205078967991647_8993041220554640546_o.jpg

continued below

10572224_10205078968711665_6420509811555536024_o.jpg

The FixOwnership = true worked! However now I am getting a crap ton of errors.
When all the errors finish, the computer restarts back into windows.

View attachment 110173

continued below

View attachment 110174

Do you have only nvidia or nvidia+intel graphics? Your profile says only nvidia. If true, you'd need to make some changes to config.plist to adjust for that...

I have Nvidia + Intel graphics. What should I change in the config.plist to address that?

I have Nvidia + Intel graphics. What should I change in the config.plist to address that?

Add dart=0 and nv_disable=1 to config.plist/Boot/Arguments

DSMOS has arrived error is when you don't have FakeSMC.kext, Read this on Clover wiki ;)

DSMOS has arrived error is when you don't have FakeSMC.kext, Read this on Clover wiki ;)

Incorrect.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing.

dart = 0 ended up working for me! I am now booted into OSX. However the interface does seem a tad laggy and I checked the system information and I saw that my 4600 had only 7 MB of RAM. Is this normal? Also what should I do to install all the drivers I need for wifi etc? Thanks so much for the help so far!

dart = 0 ended up working for me! I am now booted into OSX. However the interface does seem a tad laggy and I checked the system information and I saw that my 4600 had only 7 MB of RAM. Is this normal? Also what should I do to install all the drivers I need for wifi etc? Thanks so much for the help so far!

Not normal....

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back