Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 will not boot to setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know if the file doesn't work.

How can I access config.plist without my USB?

Previously I had been running Clover from my USB and modifying the config file on there since I was booting from the USB and all the clover files were there. Now that I can boot into OSX there is no Clover file on my hard drive since all of the Clover stuff is on the USB. I have installed Clover onto the hard drive but the config file is very different from the one I had used on the USB and the file is also locked. I tried to unlock the file using the share and permissions tab under Get Info but I still cannot edit the contents of the config.plist on my hard drive and use the keys etc to fix the 4600.

Previously I had been running Clover from my USB and modifying the config file on there since I was booting from the USB and all the clover files were there. Now that I can boot into OSX there is no Clover file on my hard drive since all of the Clover stuff is on the USB. I have installed Clover onto the hard drive but the config file is very different from the one I had used on the USB and the file is also locked. I tried to unlock the file using the share and permissions tab under Get Info but I still cannot edit the contents of the config.plist on my hard drive and use the keys etc to fix the 4600.

The file cannot get locked on the EFI partition. EFI is FAT32 and therefore has no permissions info. Why can't you boot using your USB and fix your EFI partition/config.plist? Also, the EFI partition can be accessed from Windows or Linux (as it is FAT32).

Hello. I am using Clover and managed to successfully install Yosemite in this Laptop.

Working:

Intel HD4600 (inject ig-plataformd-id to 0x0a2e000a using Clover)
TouchPad and Keyboard (kext VoodooPS2Controller by RehabMan)
LAN ( kext RealtekRTL8111 by RehabMan)
Sound (VoodooHda - sound's right but I think microphone has some errors - I can't inject ALC283 using Clover or DSDT edit)
USB
Camera

Working with some bugs:

Battery (kext ACPIBatteryManager by RehabMan) - When I unplug says I need to attach a power source (even when the battery is on 100%).

NOT WORKING:

Brightness ( I tried to use RehabMan patch but I get errors when I tried to compile my DSDT)
I also have a unlocked BIOS so i disable VT-d and disable Nvidia so you maybe need to use some extra boot flags like slide=0 and nv_disable=1

If you want to use my config.plist and my kexts:

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 309
  • kexts.zip
    380.6 KB · Views: 137
Hello. I am using Clover and managed to successfully install Yosemite in this Laptop.

Working: Intel HD4600 (inject ig-plataformd-id to 0x0a2e000a using Clover)

Are you sure? AFAIK, 0xa2e000a is invalid (0xa2e0008 is valid).

Working with some bugs:
Battery (kext ACPIBatteryManager by RehabMan) - When I unplug says I need to attach a power source (even when the battery is on 100%).

Likely a DSDT problem...

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

NOT WORKING: Brightness ( I tried to use RehabMan patch but I get errors when I tried to compile my DSDT)

Haswell Brightness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB for transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined. Search for "Device (GFX0)"...

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to the file (SSDT or DSDT) with GFX0 device definition.
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU). Obviously different locations for Clover (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

Are you sure? AFAIK, 0xa2e000a is invalid (0xa2e0008 is valid).

When I use others injections my system boots but my system bar was corrupted. I had to logout and login to the system bar is OK

I have tried changing my DSDT but so far without success.

Haswell Brightness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB for transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined. Search for "Device (GFX0)"...

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to the file (SSDT or DSDT) with GFX0 device definition.
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU). Obviously different locations for Clover (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

I have already extracted my DSDT/SSDT from linux but when I tried to disassemble I am getting some errors.
I attached my tables from linux and clover dump.
I don't have much experience in DSDT editing. I just made 1 or 2 patches in my old clevos.

Attachments

• DSDT LINUX.zip
    101 KB · Views: 103
  • DSDT CLOVER.zip
    119.2 KB · Views: 76
When I use others injections my system boots but my system bar was corrupted. I had to logout and login to the system bar is OK

Let's check if you have QE/CI...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

I have tried changing my DSDT but so far without success.

Debug with ACPIDebug.kext.

I have already extracted my DSDT/SSDT from linux but when I tried to disassemble I am getting some errors.

I downloaded your attachment "DSDT LINUX.zip". Then I disassembled with 'iasl -da DSDT.dat SSDT*.dat'. I did not experience any errors during the disassembly process. Same thing with 'iasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml'. Why both *.aml and *.dat? Is there a difference?

I attached my tables from linux and clover dump.
I don't have much experience in DSDT editing. I just made 1 or 2 patches in my old clevos.

You have one error in the resulting DSDT.dsl. The line (' And (Local0, 0x60)' in MHCF) can be removed as it has no effect. No problems with "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" on DSDT.dsl. And no problems with "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" and "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" on SSDT4.dsl (where GFX0 is defined).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back