Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 will not boot to setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booted into verbose but it still doesn't work. The circle with the line is back again and the last line of text that was shown is "GeforceSensor : Still waiting for accelerator to start..." Is this something wrong with the graphics card?

What laptop is this?

It is the Lenovo Y50
i7 4700HQ
GTX 860M

It is the Lenovo Y50
i7 4700HQ
GTX 860M

Assuming you have HD4600 also..

Use nv_disable=1. Remove GPUSensors.kext from FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

Is that on the files on the USB?

Could you tell me how and where to input nv_disable = 1 and where to find FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns?

Could you tell me how and where to input nv_disable = 1 and where to find FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns?

It is a kernel flag -- you type it at the bootloader screen. FakeSMC.kext is at /Extra/Extensions on the USB.

Where on the bootloader screen do I type the "nv_disable = 1"? I tried to type it in the main screen with all the different circles but when I press "-", nothing shows up and when I type "n" the computer restarts back into Windows.

Where on the bootloader screen do I type the "nv_disable = 1"? I tried to type it in the main screen with all the different circles but when I press "-", nothing shows up and when I type "n" the computer restarts back into Windows.

Show photo.

1796862_10205077713200278_8685353498232101260_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back