Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 + Sierra 10.12.1(16B2657)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, ops this is my first message here :(

I use hackintosh from almost 4 years and I'm still using it on my laptop (Acer V3-571G) everythings works but God only knows what i had to do to get it works properly the first times. Anyway now it's time to change laptop and buy a new one. I'm pretty interested in this one (i5-6300hq version) and I'm ready to buy it (found with IT keyboard at the price of 800€).

I read all about this laptop on this forum, found some EFI.rar package too that works for the i5-6300hq but I still not found someone that has solved the shutdown problem, that, seems a serious problem (wtf I can't shutdown it?).
May someone did found a solution that maybe i didn't saw? It seems a problem also for the thread writer that has everything working.

Thanks in advance to everyone will answer/help me.

Hi guys, ops this is my first message here :(

I use hackintosh from almost 4 years and I'm still using it on my laptop (Acer V3-571G) everythings works but God only knows what i had to do to get it works properly the first times. Anyway now it's time to change laptop and buy a new one. I'm pretty interested in this one (i5-6300hq version) and I'm ready to buy it (found with IT keyboard at the price of 800€).

I read all about this laptop on this forum, found some EFI.rar package too that works for the i5-6300hq but I still not found someone that has solved the shutdown problem, that, seems a serious problem (wtf I can't shutdown it?).
May someone did found a solution that maybe i didn't saw? It seems a problem also for the thread writer that has everything working.

Thanks in advance to everyone will answer/help me.
Restart + shutdown button on UEFI screen ;)

Hello everyone! I'm new here and i don't know how to configure my laptop properly with macOS Sierra. I have a lenovo y700 (i7-6700hq, gtx960 4gb, 2ssd samsung850evo with mac os sierra and crucial mx200 m.2 with windows, 32gb ram). I read many threads and watch a lot of videos but i'm still a novice and thats why i'm asking you for help. Can somone make a tutorial for noobs where explain step by step "what we need to do" and "how to do" after installation macOS sierra 10.12.4 on a lenovo y700. I try and no suceed to install properly voodooPS2controller.kext, nvidia graphic, i don't know how to patch appleHDA... Believe me i read the forum, please don't send me to read threads again, i need somone to tell me step by step what to do after install sierra 10.12.4 on lenovo y700.

Thx!

Hello everyone! I'm new here and i don't know how to configure my laptop properly with macOS Sierra. I have a lenovo y700 (i7-6700hq, gtx960 4gb, 2ssd samsung850evo with mac os sierra and crucial mx200 m.2 with windows, 32gb ram). I read many threads and watch a lot of videos but i'm still a novice and thats why i'm asking you for help. Can somone make a tutorial for noobs where explain step by step "what we need to do" and "how to do" after installation macOS sierra 10.12.4 on a lenovo y700. I try and no suceed to install properly voodooPS2controller.kext, nvidia graphic, i don't know how to patch appleHDA... Believe me i read the forum, please don't send me to read threads again, i need somone to tell me step by step what to do after install sierra 10.12.4 on lenovo y700.

Thx!

Start here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

And read this thread for clues. To my knowledge, no guide has been created for your specific laptop, so you will need to work through the issues, one by one.

Yeah, i know isn't a guide specific for this laptop, that's why i asking for help and maybie someone who own this lenovo y700 and have much more experience can make a tutorial for us.

Ok. I'll tell you what where i am in this moment:
1. I follow the tutorial for dual boot from this forum and now i have 2 ssd, one with macOS uefi (samsung evo 850) and one with windows 10 uefi (crucial mx200 m2). Both uefi.

After instalation i use multibeast and selected from "Quick Start" - UEFI Boot Mode, from "Bootloaders" Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI boot mode, from "Drivers" RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1 and from "Customize" System Definitions - iMac 17,1 because i have 6700hq Skylake processor.

Network working using ethernet connection.
I don't know why but graphic work and i didn't select "Intel HD 530" from Costumize>>Graphics Configuration because when i chose, after loading screen (apple logo) i see a blue/black screen and i can't do anything.

I also use external keyboard and mouse during the installation because macOS sierra didn't recognize laptop keyboard and trackpad (later i install VoodooPS2controller.kext - see step 5).

2. I update from sierra 10.12.13 to 10.12.14.

3. Update clover to version v2.4k_r4045 uefi.

4. downloaded the nvdia drivers for 10.12.14, install and restart. After restart i mount efi and using text editor i edit clover.plist from efi/efi/clover/clover.plist like this:

<key>SistemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKext</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSistemID</key>
</true>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
</true>
</dict>

Save and reboot. I also checked nvda_drv=1 is not selected using CloverConfigurator mount EFI and open config.plist from EFI/EFI/clover.plist.

5. remove /S/L/E/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (note: this is only for version 1.7.4 or greater)
  • sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

Asked for password, type password press enter and nothing happened.. so I wrote the next command in terminal.

remove /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext

• sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

And after this 2 commands in terminal i use kext wizzad and install VoodooPS2controller.kext downloaded from folder RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208 (i have two subfolders here "Debug" and "Relase", i installed voodooPS2controller.kext from "Relase" using KextWizard).

After this my laptop keyboard and trackpad start working but i don't have any customization in System Preferences pannel for trackpad, just the message "No trackpad found".

Yeah, i know isn't a guide specific for this laptop, that's why i asking for help and maybie someone who own this lenovo y700 and have much more experience can make a tutorial for us.

Did you use search?

Ok. I'll tell you what where i am in this moment:
1. I follow the tutorial for dual boot from this forum and now i have 2 ssd, one with macOS uefi (samsung evo 850) and one with windows 10 uefi (crucial mx200 m2). Both uefi.

After instalation i use multibeast and selected from "Quick Start" - UEFI Boot Mode, from "Bootloaders" Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI boot mode, from "Drivers" RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1 and from "Customize" System Definitions - iMac 17,1 because i have 6700hq Skylake processor.

Multibeast is not that useful for laptops...
Read laptop FAQ.

I don't know why but graphic work and i didn't select "Intel HD 530" from Costumize>>Graphics Configuration because when i chose, after loading screen (apple logo) i see a blue/black screen and i can't do anything.

Follow laptop Clover guide linked from FAQ.

I also use external keyboard and mouse during the installation because macOS sierra didn't recognize laptop keyboard and trackpad (later i install VoodooPS2controller.kext - see step 5).

Again your problems are caused by following a desktop guide instead of laptop guide....
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

4. downloaded the nvdia drivers for 10.12.14, install and restart. After restart i mount efi and using text editor i edit clover.plist from efi/efi/clover/clover.plist like this:

Your Nvidia is likely Optimus. Not supported as detailed in the laptop FAQ.

Thx RehabMan! I read again and again that guide. I follow the steps but i dont know why in loading screen apeear this image for 5-10secondS, everything else works ok.

Attachments

• IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 187
Im new to Hackintoshing. I am trying to apply the patches to my Lenovo Y700, however I am unable to get rid of this error. I have tried searching, but I have not found anything regarding this. I am on Sierra 10.12.1.

Attachments

• Capture.jpeg
    Capture.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 222
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back