Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 + Sierra 10.12.1(16B2657)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JackTan, could you please post your \EFI\CLOVER?

Why this guy could make camera working? I tried so many time to make it work, but it doesn't, only show camera on Sys/Ref. I read on this site and many peoples said: no kext for intel real sense f200. now I gave up.

Why this guy could make camera working? I tried so many time to make it work, but it doesn't, only show camera on Sys/Ref. I read on this site and many peoples said: no kext for intel real sense f200. now I gave up.
Hello I have a Lenovo y700 the 17inch. I manage to install sierra 10.12.4 after a lot of research. The things that work on mine are: Intel 530 HD have 1536 MB and no glitch at all
HDMI working with extra monitor
ETHERNET working
Sound but no internal mic - mic working from input source only
Camera working
I can't tell if usb 3 is working but it is fast.
Things I'm trying to fix are Nvidia whitch shows up but no vram, Wifi, and subwoofer.
I'm attaching my EFI and kexts that running in my system for anyone who like to try.

Cheers!!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 274
Hello I have a Lenovo y700 the 17inch. I manage to install sierra 10.12.4 after a lot of research. The things that work on mine are: Intel 530 HD have 1536 MB and no glitch at all
HDMI working with extra monitor
ETHERNET working
Sound but no internal mic - mic working from input source only
Camera working
I can't tell if usb 3 is working but it is fast.
Things I'm trying to fix are Nvidia whitch shows up but no vram, Wifi, and subwoofer.
I'm attaching my EFI and kexts that running in my system for anyone who like to try.

Cheers!!!

Nvidia not supported in Optimus configuration.
Read the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Subwoofer not supported with patched AppleHDA (seems no multichannel audio, or we don't understand how to implement it).

WiFi requires compatible hardware (read FAQ).

Nvidia not supported in Optimus configuration.
Read the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Subwoofer not supported with patched AppleHDA (seems no multichannel audio, or we don't understand how to implement it).

WiFi requires compatible hardware (read FAQ).
I know all that RehabMan but I think a good programmer can resolve this issues as all this problems fixed in previous versions of osx. For the time being I'm happy with the way my laptop works all my video editing apps are working nice and fast even with the intel 530 now I'm just waiting for someone to build the patches and kexts to make it fully working. I would do it but unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I hope it will be done by someone else who has the knowledge sometime soon.
As we say in Athens Hope dies last :)

The kexts zip is too big to upload sorry can't upload

Sierra is successfully installed on my Lenovo Y700
It is pretty easy to install Sierra on Y700 with just few changes on bios (clover+gpt).
Almost perfect except shut down problem, still finding solution for it.

CPU: i7-6700HQ
Motherboard: Allsparks 5A
Graphic: Intel HD530 + GTX960m

Battery:
Battery stat: 0% , --> fixed by DSDT patch + ACPIBatteryManagement.kext
Sleep and instant wake --> DSDT patch

shut down issue unsolved, don't know if it is just specific to my laptop.
restart to clover gui and press power button as substitution.

Graphic:
Intel HD530 --> AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFrameBuffer.kext +inject Intel + ig-platform-id: 0x191B0000/0x19160000/0x19120000
Brightness control ---> DDST patch + IntelBacklight.kext
Upper left corner glitch --> patch by plist 'Device/Addproperties'

GTX960m, it can be turn off just by change setting in bios, switchable -> internal.

Keyboard/Trackpad/Ethernet/Audio/Camera/USB3.0/SD card reader/HDMI port:
keyboard/trackpad ---> inject correct PS2controller kext (voodoo 1.8.25)
Ethernet --> RealtekRLC8111 kext
USB3.0 ---> USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT configuration
Camera works fine without specific patch.
HDMI graphic output works, sound output not tested yet

Audio, try proper AppleHDA patched, it may fix microphone also. Or try VoodooHDA, but microphone won't work by using this patch.
SysPref/Trackpad setting empty, it's ELAN pad, not optimum by voodoops2controller
SD card reader, not working

WIFI/Bluetooth:
Y700 has no bios whitelist, is capable to replace with BCM or Athero
I am using BCM94352Z, WIFI+Bluetooth. Just lazy to work on handoff, but it is able to be patched.

Credits RehabMan
Hello did you manage to have wifi and bluetooth using the BCM94352Z? If you did can you upload the kext?
Thanks

I know all that RehabMan but I think a good programmer can resolve this issues as all this problems fixed in previous versions of osx.

Supporting Nvidia Optimus is non-trivial, especially since the fix would require changes in the Nvidia drivers and Intel HD drivers, all of which are not open source.

Hi to all.

As my first post, I would like to thank all of you who are making this possible, specially tonymacx86 and RehabMan.

I've been making my research and I'm close on having my successful Sierra on my y700.
I think I may be able to make a guided thread post to make the installation on the y700, but I have a few questions.
Thing is, should I make a new thread with my questions or just post them here as a reply?

It has to do with DSDT/SSDT differences, Audio kext comparisons, trackpad compatibility, shutdown problems. That would probably be about 5 questions.

Thanks for all you do, great community :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back