Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 + Sierra 10.12.1(16B2657)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of SSD?
If SATA, use SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
If NVMe, read NVMe info in FAQ.

No idea, probably SATA. But honestly if my HDD works it would be enough

That's exactly what you need to do. But that is not what you did.
Take a close look at what you did...
Hint: You have a folder named SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext that has the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext inside it, instead of the kext itself being in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Whata dumb!!!!! I'm sorry.. I'll do it again and post the results.

Best regards

What kind of SSD?
If SATA, use SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
If NVMe, read NVMe info in FAQ.

I guess it's SATA (please check attached).
I put SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext right this time, but nothing.
Also, I made the UniBeast again and nothing.

Any clue?

Tks!!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 170
Sierra is successfully installed on my Lenovo Y700
It is pretty easy to install Sierra on Y700 with just few changes on bios (clover+gpt).
Almost perfect except shut down problem, still finding solution for it.

CPU: i7-6700HQ
Motherboard: Allsparks 5A
Graphic: Intel HD530 + GTX960m

Battery:
Battery stat: 0% , --> fixed by DSDT patch + ACPIBatteryManagement.kext
Sleep and instant wake --> DSDT patch

shut down issue unsolved, don't know if it is just specific to my laptop.
restart to clover gui and press power button as substitution.

Graphic:
Intel HD530 --> AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFrameBuffer.kext +inject Intel + ig-platform-id: 0x191B0000/0x19160000/0x19120000
Brightness control ---> DDST patch + IntelBacklight.kext
Upper left corner glitch --> patch by plist 'Device/Addproperties'

GTX960m, it can be turn off just by change setting in bios, switchable -> internal.

Keyboard/Trackpad/Ethernet/Audio/Camera/USB3.0/SD card reader/HDMI port:
keyboard/trackpad ---> inject correct PS2controller kext (voodoo 1.8.25)
Ethernet --> RealtekRLC8111 kext
USB3.0 ---> USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT configuration
Camera works fine without specific patch.
HDMI graphic output works, sound output not tested yet

Audio, try proper AppleHDA patched, it may fix microphone also. Or try VoodooHDA, but microphone won't work by using this patch.
SysPref/Trackpad setting empty, it's ELAN pad, not optimum by voodoops2controller
SD card reader, not working

WIFI/Bluetooth:
Y700 has no bios whitelist, is capable to replace with BCM or Athero
I am using BCM94352Z, WIFI+Bluetooth. Just lazy to work on handoff, but it is able to be patched.

Credits RehabMan

Hi JackTan,
Did you add all this into the usb installer? I can't get the graphic installer to start. It just went black.

Edited

It's okay. the graphical installer output through HDMI. I can proceed to install now.

Last edited:
Did you use SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
The laptop guide does not use Unibeast.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

RehabMan,

Despite using Unibeast, I did everything using my hdd as an external device (usb 2.0), and it worked.

Do you think there is any other way to have not to reinstall everything?

Like... maybe... install clover directly to the usb hdd and insert the sata kext? I don't know.

Thank you again.

RehabMan,

Despite using Unibeast, I did everything using my hdd as an external device (usb 2.0), and it worked.

Do you think there is any other way to have not to reinstall everything?

Like... maybe... install clover directly to the usb hdd and insert the sata kext? I don't know.

Thank you again.

Read laptop guide as per post #67.

Read laptop guide as per post #67.

RehabMan,

I borrowed a real mac book pro from a friend this weekend and I followed exactly your instructions.

It went well until the installation phase, even with SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.zip I'm not able to see my SD (128gb) nor HD (1tb).

Any idea what I should do now? Please find attached my actual clover without themes and the images from installation.

Thank you again.

IMG_5051.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 196
RehabMan,

I borrowed a real mac book pro from a friend this weekend and I followed exactly your instructions.

It went well until the installation phase, even with SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.zip I'm not able to see my SD (128gb) nor HD (1tb).

Any idea what I should do now? Please find attached my actual clover without themes and the images from installation.

Thank you again.

View attachment 235726

Remove ACPI/patched/*
Patched ACPI not needed to use the installer, and your ACPI setup is wrong anyway (incorrect setting for DropOem, lack of SortedOrder).

Remove ACPI/patched/*
Patched ACPI not needed to use the installer, and your ACPI setup is wrong anyway (incorrect setting for DropOem, lack of SortedOrder).

Thank you, now I can see the SD and HD! After de installation if I reboot in Windows 10 I lose the boot option to Sierra inside clover, they are installed in different disks - SD (w10) and HD (Sierra). Any ideia how to solve this?

Sorry I don't have an answer. Just saying this is very exciting and awesome to see! I have a y700. I am currently waiting for a couple work-related things to settle before I feel comfortable playing around with my laptop, so hopefully I will be joining you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back