Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 + Sierra 10.12.1(16B2657)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, now I can see the SD and HD! After de installation if I reboot in Windows 10 I lose the boot option to Sierra inside clover, they are installed in different disks - SD (w10) and HD (Sierra). Any ideia how to solve this?

I'm not sure what you mean... you mean you cannot reach Clover?

Thank you, now I can see the SD and HD! After de installation if I reboot in Windows 10 I lose the boot option to Sierra inside clover, they are installed in different disks - SD (w10) and HD (Sierra). Any ideia how to solve this?
Try EasyUEFI http://www.easyuefi.com/index-us.html

You must mount EFI partition in windows and add clover boot option (of course it must be installed)

clover boot files is \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi

vdonus, is everything working well?

Hello Everyone, it is nice to see this laptops community working on Hackintosh, I just managed to successfully install Sierra on my Y700, but I can't get to use WiFi and also I believe my GTX960m drivers are not working since I get a lot of glitches on youtube and random lag on menus, etc. could you explain how you managed to fix these problems? Thanks.. :)

Maybe a particular help on how to get the system to run smoother? I want to use video editing software.. Alredy managed to get a wifi dongle working, also audio now works, eventhough subwoofer is disabled... Thanks...

Maybe a particular help on how to get the system to run smoother? I want to use video editing software.. Alredy managed to get a wifi dongle working, also audio now works, eventhough subwoofer is disabled... Thanks...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" and describe your issue clearly.

in AddProperties section of clover config.plist, for skylake glitch fix

Code:
  <key>AddProperties</key>

<array>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>IntelGFX</string>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>AAPL,GfxYTile</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </array>
And in my case (HD 530 graphics) i also had to change ig-platform-id:
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
    <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x191B0000</string>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Sierra is successfully installed on my Lenovo Y700
It is pretty easy to install Sierra on Y700 with just few changes on bios (clover+gpt).
Almost perfect except shut down problem, still finding solution for it.

CPU: i7-6700HQ
Motherboard: Allsparks 5A
Graphic: Intel HD530 + GTX960m

Battery:
Battery stat: 0% , --> fixed by DSDT patch + ACPIBatteryManagement.kext
Sleep and instant wake --> DSDT patch

shut down issue unsolved, don't know if it is just specific to my laptop.
restart to clover gui and press power button as substitution.

Graphic:
Intel HD530 --> AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFrameBuffer.kext +inject Intel + ig-platform-id: 0x191B0000/0x19160000/0x19120000
Brightness control ---> DDST patch + IntelBacklight.kext
Upper left corner glitch --> patch by plist 'Device/Addproperties'

GTX960m, it can be turn off just by change setting in bios, switchable -> internal.

Keyboard/Trackpad/Ethernet/Audio/Camera/USB3.0/SD card reader/HDMI port:
keyboard/trackpad ---> inject correct PS2controller kext (voodoo 1.8.25)
Ethernet --> RealtekRLC8111 kext
USB3.0 ---> USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT configuration
Camera works fine without specific patch.
HDMI graphic output works, sound output not tested yet

Audio, try proper AppleHDA patched, it may fix microphone also. Or try VoodooHDA, but microphone won't work by using this patch.
SysPref/Trackpad setting empty, it's ELAN pad, not optimum by voodoops2controller
SD card reader, not working

WIFI/Bluetooth:
Y700 has no bios whitelist, is capable to replace with BCM or Athero
I am using BCM94352Z, WIFI+Bluetooth. Just lazy to work on handoff, but it is able to be patched.

Credits RehabMan
Did you do a dual boot, or completely wipe out the drive/w Windows OS? I'd like to have (like the desktop I built) have dual boot, and the model I'm looking at has a T1 hard drive so should have enough room.

Did you do a dual boot, or completely wipe out the drive/w Windows OS? I'd like to have (like the desktop I built) have dual boot, and the model I'm looking at has a T1 hard drive so should have enough room.
It doesn`t matter. You could install OSX on another partion while windows is already installed, or install on whole hard drive.
Clover automatically will detect other UEFI boot files and you could boot form windows, linux, os x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back