Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P Errors + Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
The laptop goes to sleep when the lid is closed with the poll kext installed, but not without it. I'll get the logs in a bit

The laptop goes to sleep when the lid is closed with the poll kext installed, but not without it. I'll get the logs in a bit

Yes, the ACPIPoller.kext and the LIDP device work together. ACPIPoller.kext is a kext I wrote a while back designed to call an ACPI method every second. It was originally for monitoring CPU temperatures on the ProBook and adjusting the fan speed accordingly. But it has other uses, such as this one.

It is probably possible to fix in a different way if you can figure out why Notify is not being called on the LID device. A Notify on LID0 causes code in AppleACPILid to call _LID which triggers the lid closed detection and sleep. It seems in your case, that Notify is not being executed when the lid is detected closed.

Logs

Attachments

• ACPIDebug2.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 78
Yeah, I'll try removing it.

Did you ever get the sleep on lid close function to work properly?

I am having a difficult time getting things to work on my y410p with the exact same specs. I can't for the life of me find kexts for the Elan touchpad (tried many that didn't work) or a RealTek audio kext for ALC282. The rest I can work on later but these two things are very important. I would really appreciate some assistance, though I have no experience with coding. I tried to patch my DSDT but didn't make any progress.

ColdHam1967, is there any chance you could post your DSDT and SSDT? Maybe some of those kexts if you were able to find them?
And RehabMan, I could really use your help trying to figure this all out. Thanks for all the effort you guys have put into getting this sorted out.

I'll get back to you later today with some of the stuff you asked for. Let me know what is working and what not.

Thanks, Coldham. It's been an ugly process from the start and hasn't seemed to get better as I look for working kexts and failing at patching the DSDT. And I don't know where to start with the SSDT.
So there were a few things working out of the box: Webcam, PS/2 keyboard, Intel graphics, and bluetooth. Here's a list of the components and status:
Audio in/out (Realtek): not working. Earlier I mentioned ALC282 and I'm not sure where I got that from. Maybe Multibeast install?
Webcam works.
Keyboard (PS/2) was working then I screwed it up trying to fix the touchpad.
Touchpad (Elan PS/2) not working. No luck with the Elan v3 or v4 kexts.
Ethernet (Atheros AR8171/8175) was working with the AtherosA1C kext but now it's not.
Intel graphics working.
Wifi (Intel) not expected to work.
Brightness control not working.
Sleep not functioning properly. Wakes shortly after sleeping and lid closing only turns off screen.
Battery monitor working.
Card reader not recognized in System Profiler. Not a priority.
Bluetooth is hit or miss, mostly misses. Not sure why it doesn't load every time.
I used your DSDT but now I'm using a DSDT I found from another thread. I tried to patch but, honestly, had no clue what I was doing. Booting is predictable using the Chameleon boot playlist you posted here with the addition of IntelAzulFB=12.

I know that troubleshooting all of this will be more effort than your time is worth so I'm hoping there is an easy solution which probably requires me to install fresh. Not a big deal as my progress has been minimal, even negative :(
Thanks for taking a look. Much appreciated!

Yes I would recommend a fresh install. I must have done 3-4 fresh installs setting mine up properly. I'll include a zip with all the essentials. Please note that you specifically need a "Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P" for the DSDT's and SSDTs to work, as far as I know Lenovo has never released a BIOS update so you should be ok. Also, if you are using a HDD with 4k sectors, there is a possibility that you can receive a boot error. I'll post the fix just incase: Fix 4k boot error for Chameleon in recovery:

Dismount install partition
•In terminal type:
"dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk1s2 bs=4k"

*This is what I experienced and just precautionary.

Just make sure you use kext utility when you install kexts, and until it is working, at least once before power down.

Attachments

• Y410P Hackintosh.zip
    33.9 MB · Views: 202
Thank you so much, Coldham! Installing from scratch using the files you posted has gotten brightness, audio, and ethernet working well. Sleep has improved, too, but the computer reboots every time instead of waking. I am able to put it to sleep from the menu and by closing the lid, just no waking at all. At this point, I could live with that. But I still can't get the touchpad and keyboard working which is VERY frustrating. I've looked at other forums and sites without finding a solution. I've tried all versions of the Elan Touchpad Driver and different VooDoo PS2 kexts with no luck. I could use the trackpad and keyboard when installing from USB so I know it must be possible to have some function, even if it's minimal. I really have no idea where to go from this point. Thanks again for sharing your work, Coldham. If anyone has insight, I'm willing to try anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back