Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
For your hardware, you should not be using -xcpm. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is 217.92.1 in 10.9.4.

Unfortunately, my stupid self went and jumped the gun, added the flag, and now I am unable to boot.
So now I need a way to either tell it to not use the flag in the boot options somehow, or a way to edit the chameleon boot list from windows, and replace it.

As for the numbers you mentioned, I assume you mean that PM is version 217.92.1. Also, I'm running 10.9.3, not 10.9.4. Should I upgrade (once I get it booted)?

Feel free to smack me upside the head.

Unfortunately, my stupid self went and jumped the gun, added the flag, and now I am unable to boot.
So now I need a way to either tell it to not use the flag in the boot options somehow, or a way to edit the chameleon boot list from windows, and replace it.

As for the numbers you mentioned, I assume you mean that PM is version 217.92.1. Also, I'm running 10.9.3, not 10.9.4. Should I upgrade (once I get it booted)?

Feel free to smack me upside the head.

Edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist via Terminal from the OS X installer.

Edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist via Terminal from the OS X installer.

After several failed attempts, and learning quite a bit about Terminal, I finally got booted by changing name of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Anyhow, back to business. And now, questions about the recent OS X Update.

• Should I update to 10.9.4?
  • What will I need to reinstall/fix?
  • Will my audio issue be even harder to fix?
I have read the post here.

Also, I have updated Multibeast to the new version hosted here, Mavericks 6.3.1, and will attempt to use the PM from there.

For future people that may have the problem of needing to boot without the plist, here are the steps I used:
First, booted to the Unibeast installer, selected my language, went to Utilites on the bar, and launched terminal from there.​
Code:
diskutil list
Used this command to find the name of my install drive, which I named "Macintosh HD". (No quotes)​
Code:
cd /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"
This changed the directory to the proper drive, my "Macintosh HD" instead of the install disk. Quotes are neccesary if there is a space in the name.​
Code:
cd Extra
Navigated further to the Extra folder, where org.chameleon.Boot.plist is located.​
Code:
mv org.chameleon.Boot.plist org.chameleon.Boot.plist.bak
This changed the name of the file to "org.chameleon.Boot.plist.bak", making it useless until renamed back to plist.

Booted to OS X, using the flags that I used during install. (Pays to write them down externally guys.)

Opened Extra, renamed and edited org.chameleon.boot.plist back to what I needed, and saved.

nano, available on your HDD at /usr/bin/nano is handy for quick edits in Terminal, even from the OS X installer.

eg.
Code:
"/Volumes/Macintosh HD/usr/bin/nano" "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist"

nano, available on your HDD at /usr/bin/nano is handy for quick edits in Terminal, even from the OS X installer.

eg.
Code:
"/Volumes/Macintosh HD/usr/bin/nano" "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist"
Ah! No wonder why I wasn't able to launch nano. Every tutorial and post I've seen just said to use "nano". Not an actual path to it.

Installed new PM from Multibeast 6.3.1. Confirmed that it, in fact, was the new kext. Still got Kernel Panic.
Uploading latest IOReg to see if you can find anything.

And again, should I update to 10.9.4?

Attachments

• Fly1ng Squid's MacBook Pro [7:10:14].ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
Ah! No wonder why I wasn't able to launch nano. Every tutorial and post I've seen just said to use "nano". Not an actual path to it.

Installed new PM from Multibeast 6.3.1. Confirmed that it, in fact, was the new kext. Still got Kernel Panic.

No idea without photo of the KP.

Uploading latest IOReg to see if you can find anything.

And again, should I update to 10.9.4?

PM appears to be correct except for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext being installed.

No idea without photo of the KP.

17HrQo3.jpg

PM appears to be correct except for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext being installed.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not in S/L/E. Where else might it be loaded from?
P5DWqqS.png

From your bootlog:
Code:
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1498 bytes.

Alright. I'll attempt to remove it from there.

Edit: That folder doesn't seem to exit. Even with all files being shown. Could it be loading from the install disk?

Alright. I'll attempt to remove it from there.

Edit: That folder doesn't seem to exit. Even with all files being shown. Could it be loading from the install disk?

If you are booting from USB, then it is loading from there. Of course, at this point (trying to implement power management), you should not be booting from USB. You should install the bootloader to your HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back