Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hey all, I have a slight problem with a few things on my hackintosh laptop.

I have a Lenovo G780 (Model 2182). Currently, I have Mavericks 10.9.3 installed on the machine, and have the essentials running. I currently have sleep support, battery percentage, ethernet, USB, and WiFi. While this is a great feat for me after attempting to get the OS to even boot for 2 months (I am not a smart person when it comes to OS X. Thus the reason I'm trying to learn it.), there are several flaws that are preventing me from truly using its full potential. Currently, I have to boot into safe mode (-x), otherwise I get a kernel panic. Even more strange, if I boot into safe mode (-x) on just the hard drive, I always get a kernel panic. So for right now, I have to use the install disk to boot.

I believe this is a problem with apple's cpu power management kext, as it plainly states it on the kernel panic screen, but installing the patched version from Multibeast seems to have no effect. Any idea what is wrong? Or if I'm doing something wrong?
It also might be good to mention that I had to tell Multibeast to install Chimera onto the hard drive 5+ times before it actually worked and would allow my computer to boot from the drive. Again, human error of some sort or computer error? Not sure.

The major concern of mine is audio. The laptop has a Conexant Cx20590 audio card on it. After a bit of searching, many reboots, and a lot of hard drive switching, I have come to the conclusion that I need an edited DSDT, and a patched Apple HDA.
My problem is that I am completely clueless when it comes to this, and would truly appreciate help from someone who knows what they're doing. All I know is that I need MaciASL to edit a DSDT, and would need a custom one due to the fact that I use several custom parts as compared to the normal model of the G780.
As my main main purpose of getting this to work was to learn the Mac OS and Logic Pro, functioning audio is rather high on my priority list. Furthermore, I frequently use skype to talk with friends, family, and clients, so a working webcam and mic-line in would also be very nice to have, although not completely neccesary.

Bottom line, I need someone to either walk me through this, or do it for me. As I am rather new to this, any other recommended patches would be nice.

Working:

• WiFi
  • Bluetooth
Kindof. Won't detect any devices. Might just be Safe-Mode.​

• Keyboard
  • USB
  • Battery Percentage
  • Ethernet

Not working:

• Audio
  • Trackpad
  • Apple CPU Power Management Kext
Incl. patched version from Multibeast​

• Nvidia GPU
Unless someone found some strange loophole, I know it won't work.​

Untested:

• Webcam
  • Mic In
  • Anything in normal mode.
See below​

Issues:

• Cannot boot without safe mode
  • System clock changes when switching between OS X and Windows 8.1.
Minor issue. Nothing to worry about, although nice if patched somehow.​

Computer Specs:

• CPU: i7-3632QM @2.20GHZ
  • RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) 1600MHZ
  • Sound Card: Conexant Cx20590
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Nvidia GeForce GT 635M​

• HDD: SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 1TB Drive
  • ODD: Mat****a BD-MLT UJ260 Blu-Ray and DVD/CD Drive
  • Wireless: Azurewave aw-ce123h Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter
  • Other info: 2x USB 2.0
2x USB 3.0​
1x HDMI Out​

• Peripherals: Razer Orochi Wired/Wireless BT Gaming Mouse
Razer Kraken Pro Headset

http://tinyurl.com/LenovoG780
Wireless card installed is different from listed on site.

Thank you for your time and hopefully your help!

TL;DR:
Mavericks 10.9.3 installed on Lenovo G780. Need sound and Apple CPU Power Management kext working. Possibly need custom DSDT. Unable to boot without safe mode. Multibeast seems to not like my laptop.

Done... I think. File is attached below.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Found several results. Will attempt separately and report back.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Not sure what is needed from the Repo, or if the "Apply" bits relate to it or not. I have downloaded the entirety of the repo so I have it for future reference.

Thank you so much for your quick response and help. And if you can, explain in idiot terms for me. I'm fluent in windows, but OS X... not so much.

Attachments

• Fly1ng Squid's MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 286

Sorry for the late response my friend, but I was attempting multiple times (between power outages due to the recent storm).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I have followed the steps listed on the guide there, but come to the same conclusion.

- patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement installed
- SSDT installed to /Extra/ssdt.aml for your CPU (easiest to use ProBook Installer)
- appropriate System Definition (smbios.plist) for your CPU
- DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No
- no rollbacks of AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (usually implies patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)
- Processor objects declared in Scope (_SB) or Scope (_PR) in DSDT (pretty rare not to have them in OEM DSDT)

- Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement installed from Multibeast
Thought: Multibeast version says 10.9.0 I'm using 10.9.3. Could that be anything? Doubt it.
- SSDT from Probook Installer 6.1.13r3 used
- System Definition set to Macbook Pro 9,1 (Same version of Probook)
- DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No all set in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- not sure if no rollbacks of AppleACPIPlatform.Kext
- no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
- not a clue what the last one means, but I presume it requires a DSDT, which I am not currently using.

Personally, I believe that I need to create an DSDT to fix these problems, although I have no idea how to go about doing so, other than using MaciASL somehow. Please advise on what my next step should be.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

EDIT: I am currently running the OS off of an External Drive.
I run it from the EXHD because it is easier to switch back and forth between OS's this way, instead of taking a screw driver to my computer every couple hours. Could this cause a problem? (other than the obvious slower speed)

No ideas without current ioreg and a description of the actual problem.

No ideas without current ioreg and a description of the actual problem.

Don't know if this will help at all, but here is an image of the kernel panic screen.

Problem is the same as before, when booting without safe mode from the install disk, I get a kernel panic from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. When booting from the Hard drive, I get the same panic regardless of boot flags or safe mode. Currently just want to get the PM working, as it's a bigger issue than the audio.

Attached is my IOReg, Chameleon Boot plist, SMBios, and SSDT. I do not have a DSDT.

Short version:
Power Management still does not work. Only able to boot into safe mode from Unibeast install disk. Otherwise I receive a kernel panic.

Attachments

• Fly1ng Squid's MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 310
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    909 bytes · Views: 322
  • SMBios.plist
    593 bytes · Views: 316
  • SSDT.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 369
Don't know if this will help at all, but here is an image of the kernel panic screen.

That appears to be the incorrect version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Are you using -xcpm flag?

Odd... That should be the one from Multibeast. As for the flag, I'll add it and reboot.

Sorry for my idiocy when it comes to this.

For your hardware, you should not be using -xcpm. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is 217.92.1 in 10.9.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back