Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I need to install Sierra on an old EP35-DS4 mainboard. OS X 10.85 is already running fine.
I'm using an Nvidia 8800 GTS, 8 gigabytes of ram and an SSD as HD.
I started with the default 14,1 model and then changed SMBIOS to a 10,2 dual core model in clover.

- I'm using Unibeast 7.01 with legacy install option.
- Clover (v.3766) USB-Install stick with latest sierra macOS install is booting fine, but no matter what I've tried (and although I'm using verbose mode) I'm stuck at a row of white plus characters on a black screen (++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++) and then nothing happens ... (I waited about 10 to 15 minutes). I suppose I'm not even getting into the installer and the system hangs... what are these crosses (I never saw this before)?
- I tried all kind of clover switches but nothing changes. (-x -s -v etc. in all kind of combinations)
- I read about successful installs on this hardware ...

... any ideas?

Thanx in advance

retox

@retoxdafreak, please provide complete details in your Profile (personal details).

Mobo: Motherboard Manufacturer/Model (e.g., Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4)
CPU: Detailed CPU model (e.g., Intel Core 2 Duo E8600)
Graphics: Video Card Manufacturer/Model (e.g., Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS)

Hi guys,
I need to install Sierra on an old EP35-DS4 mainboard. OS X 10.85 is already running fine.
I'm using an Nvidia 8800 GTS, 8 gigabytes of ram and an SSD as HD.
I started with the default 14,1 model and then changed SMBIOS to a 10,2 dual core model in clover.

- I'm using Unibeast 7.01 with legacy install option.
- Clover (v.3766) USB-Install stick with latest sierra macOS install is booting fine, but no matter what I've tried (and although I'm using verbose mode) I'm stuck at a row of white plus characters on a black screen (++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++) and then nothing happens ... (I waited about 10 to 15 minutes). I suppose I'm not even getting into the installer and the system hangs... what are these crosses (I never saw this before)?
- I tried all kind of clover switches but nothing changes. (-x -s -v etc. in all kind of combinations)
- I read about successful installs on this hardware ...

... any ideas?

Thanx in advance

retox
Check this link for a SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION-> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ga-ep35-ds4-or-ds3-working-with-sierra.202332/

Your Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 is not supported.
macOS Sierra supports only CPUs with SSE4 support.

Hi Brebo, any suggestions which CPU would be suitable for uprading, is the a quadcore core2 duo cpu for the 775 platform available? Does this make sense though I'm not able to upgrade the ram to more the 8 Gbyte?

Thankxalot

retox

Hi Brebo, any suggestions which CPU would be suitable for uprading, is the a quadcore core2 duo cpu for the 775 platform available?

Find the support page for your motherboard on the Gigabyte website.
Look at the CPU support list to see which processors are compatible, then look at this Wikipedia page to see if they support SSE4.
Then you can search to find which of those are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back