Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic After Update to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When You installed OSX what boot flags did you use I found that they might change after updating when I got the kernel panic I used -F

i'm going to try.. but.. it seems we doesen't have a KP....

EDIT: tryed with -f and -F.. nothing.. for me it's a kext issue..

well.. it's a kext issue.. why?

simply, i create another partition with a mirror of the working 10.8.4.. installed the 10.8.5.. booted.. nope..
i moved the 10.8.4 kext into 10.8.5... booted...

so.. it's one kext in 10.8.5.. and i need to find it.. :'''

not good :'''

well found a solution..

you have to delete npci=2000 and 3000.. and darkwake=0 too than it will boot

you can test it with commands "-v -F" on chamaleon... if it works.. the -F deletes all kernel's flags

btw, i have another issue with graphic card.. i have a 6450, and it doesen't boot up with stock kext.. i upload the GRAPH kext from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 (all graph test) and now it booted good..

everytime so difficult with an hackintosh!! :''(

I too had a kernel panic at start up (update in apps to 10.8.5 - I know wrong move). I used the - x keys at startup (it worked) and I am now on the chimera page that says boot:

Question is what do I do next?

The panic screen says it traced it back to this: com.apple.driver.appleIntelCPUPowerManagement

After a search here one member had this to say:

A 2500K + MSI P67A-C43 + Sapphire 6870 Flex from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 though the combo update worked, but after a little work. I had to go in and remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.txt from the upgraded installation, and replace them with the AppleIntelCPUPowerMangagement.kext from my previous working 10.8.4 installation.

After that things booted normally. Before I was getting an error about the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on boot.

What do you think I should do next? How would I remove the above kext without booting into osx?
TIA

I too had a kernel panic at start up (update in apps to 10.8.5 - I know wrong move). I used the - x keys at startup (it worked) and I am now on the chimera page that says boot:

Question is what do I do next?

The panic screen says it traced it back to this: com.apple.driver.appleIntelCPUPowerManagement

After a search here one member had this to say:

What do you think I should do next? How would I remove the above kext without booting into osx?
TIA

Boot using your Unibeast USB. Make sure to boot "-f". Then install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from Multibeast.

Same problem here:
I backup al my kext and the kernel via OSX86 Tools before to start the upgrade via Appstore.
I think was a good idea in the case audio or something around doesn't work after the update BUT instead the system hangs TOTALLY and don't let to boot in any way.
I tried -X obviously but the system hangs in each case :beachball:

Can anyone help please?
I'm using MSI Z77MA-G45 and all was working fine on 10.8.4: imessage, icloud, sleep, video hardware acceleration... all, all was damn working excellent!!
Who damn blinded and pushed me to upgrade to this 10.8.5 ? :banghead:

No time machine backup and I would like to avoid a fresh new install because I've tons of software installed like the full creative cloud suite, a lot of session saved, thousands photos and personal videos that I can't download because are personal, self made...
Backup all this data and re-install is a titanic action so I would repair my boot error:
PLEASE, HELP!
Updated my Z77MA-G45 from 10.8.3 to 10.8.5. Sound did disappear and I could not fix it with Multibeast 5.3.0 but downloaded the latest (5.4.3) which fixed the sound. (And TRIM)

I did the update from app store.

When You installed OSX what boot flags did you use I found that they might change after updating when I got the kernel panic I used -F

After getting it to boot with this flag, specifically what should I change to prevent boot problems in the future?

Boot using your Unibeast USB. Make sure to boot "-f". Then install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from Multibeast.

Hi RehabMan, I was also getting an immediate kernel panic because of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement following 10.8.5 - to compound my problems I had also recently written a copy of Linux Mint to my one and only unibeast usb (doh!).

In desperation I booted linux, mounted the filesystem that contains OSX and removed (or rather moved) the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext directory. The system then booted normally and I have not noticed any problems since.

This makes me curious about what the kext does - do you happen to know? After some half hearted googling I am none the wiser!

thanks
Nick

Hi RehabMan, I was also getting an immediate kernel panic because of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement following 10.8.5 - to compound my problems I had also recently written a copy of Linux Mint to my one and only unibeast usb (doh!).

In desperation I booted linux, mounted the filesystem that contains OSX and removed (or rather moved) the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext directory. The system then booted normally and I have not noticed any problems since.

This makes me curious about what the kext does - do you happen to know? After some half hearted googling I am none the wiser!

thanks
Nick

It provides implementation of CPU power management. aka. Intel "speedstep." You must be using NullCPUPowerManagement because I believe without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and no NullCPUPowerManagement, the system hangs at boot.

All you got to do to restore your machine is:
-Boot with the USB drive you installed ML.
(You might have to boot with the flag "PCIRootUID=0") That's what I need to do on mine.
-After you select the system language, just click on utilities, then back up and restore.
-Select the disk you have the back up, and then where you want to restore it, and Bam! You are back and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back