Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic After Update to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the info rehabman - I installed the patched version and can now can see speedstep is working using MSRDumper. Oddly I did not have the NullCPUPowerManagement installed, but my system would still boot without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

cheers

thanks for the info rehabman - I installed the patched version and can now can see speedstep is working using MSRDumper. Oddly I did not have the NullCPUPowerManagement installed, but my system would still boot without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

cheers

It must have been loading from somewhere... Sometimes it is useful to check what is loaded with kextcache:

Code:
# in Terminal
kextstat|grep -y power

You can also use bdmesg to see what the boot loader is loading (best to boot with "-f" to get a boot without cache, so you see each and every driver loaded).

thanks - I did not know about either of those commands - should be handy!

cheers

it them same thing in my case. i can only boot without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and also don´t have NullCPUPowerManagement. when i do cinebench my cpu runs at 50% only and i get less performance than with 10.8.4. anybody has tested cinebench cpu test?

I think the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in Multibeast 5.5 is no good. See this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...s5-ultrabook-master-thread-40.html#post669342

I agree,
I am setting up a new system that needs a patched AICPUPM kext (jetway baord for pro tools user) and i can't get 10.8.5 version working. Still crashes without NULLCPU present even after applying the multibeast "patched" version. Is there a version that is correctly patched and working available somewhere?

g\

EDIT: just saw your linked kext in the other thread. will try now and report back, thanks!

EDIT2: It works! you rock!

I bought a Dell Inspiron 755 which had Mountain Lion pre installed. It worked perfectly in till I tried to update it to 10.8.5 AND NOW EVERY TIME I LOAD THE MACHINE IT COMES UP WITH A KERNAL PANIC with lots of numbers and codes. When i tried to boot the machine in -x mode the same thing happened. I now don't know what to do. Please can some one give me a solution as I have faulty computer. I'm not sure if the hackintosh was created using uni or multi beast because when loaded, the Tony mac sign doesn't appear, I DON'T KNOW?! If somebody can help that will be much appreciated! thankyou

I bought a Dell Inspiron 755 which had Mountain Lion pre installed. It worked perfectly in till I tried to update it to 10.8.5 AND NOW EVERY TIME I LOAD THE MACHINE IT COMES UP WITH A KERNAL PANIC with lots of numbers and codes. When i tried to boot the machine in -x mode the same thing happened. I now don't know what to do. Please can some one give me a solution as I have faulty computer. I'm not sure if the hackintosh was created using uni or multi beast because when loaded, the Tony mac sign doesn't appear, I DON'T KNOW?! If somebody can help that will be much appreciated! thankyou

Use your Unibeast USB to boot your HDD partition (use "-f" when booting). Run Multibeast to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for 10.8.5.

Use your Unibeast USB to boot your HDD partition (use "-f" when booting). Run Multibeast to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for 10.8.5.

Rehabman, I updated my working machine to 10.8.5 and I couldn't get it to stop kernel panic on the same kext. I booted to the Unibeast USB, patched with the Multibeast 10.8.5 AppleIntel kext, and same thing, kernel panic. I tried again with the 10.8.0-10.8.4 AppleIntel kext and same thing, kernel panic. Next, I tried again using the NULL kext and I could finally boot without unibeast. Any ideas?

Rehabman, I updated my working machine to 10.8.5 and I couldn't get it to stop kernel panic on the same kext. I booted to the Unibeast USB, patched with the Multibeast 10.8.5 AppleIntel kext, and same thing, kernel panic. I tried again with the 10.8.0-10.8.4 AppleIntel kext and same thing, kernel panic. Next, I tried again using the NULL kext and I could finally boot without unibeast. Any ideas?

Without seeing a photo of the KP, I can't offer any ideas.

You should make sure you used the latest Multibeast (Not 5.5.1 or 5.5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back