Evga Geforce GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi I have had a Hackintosh for a while now almost 4 months. Just today I updated to 10.8.5 using the Mac App Store and breaking my Hackintosh so now every time I attempt to boot I get a Kernel Panic I was wondering if anyone can help me.

Thanks Antoun

photo.jpg Screenshot of Kernel Panic

P.S. I do have a Time Machine backup but not sure If I can do much with it in this state

Have you tried booting with -x ? Try that and see if it panics in safe mode.

i have the same issue. -x doesn't help me.

if you have a time machine backup, you can boot from your installation usb flash drive (i assume you created one using UniBeast?) and you will have the option to restore a time machine backup. haven't tried it though so i dont know if it works.

Same problem here:
I backup al my kext and the kernel via OSX86 Tools before to start the upgrade via Appstore.
I think was a good idea in the case audio or something around doesn't work after the update BUT instead the system hangs TOTALLY and don't let to boot in any way.
I tried -X obviously but the system hangs in each case :beachball:

Can anyone help please?
I'm using MSI Z77MA-G45 and all was working fine on 10.8.4: imessage, icloud, sleep, video hardware acceleration... all, all was damn working excellent!!
Who damn blinded and pushed me to upgrade to this 10.8.5 ? :banghead:

No time machine backup and I would like to avoid a fresh new install because I've tons of software installed like the full creative cloud suite, a lot of session saved, thousands photos and personal videos that I can't download because are personal, self made...
Backup all this data and re-install is a titanic action so I would repair my boot error:
PLEASE, HELP!

Attachments

• IMG_2745.jpg
    IMG_2745.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,100
Major decimal updates such as 10.8.4 > 10.8.5 are best done using the Combo Update, and never the App Store:

10.8.5: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1676

For those of you with Time Machine or other backups I'd recommend restoring to the stable 10.8.4 backup state by booting from your UniBeast thumb drive. Then download the Combo Update and run it in place. But be sure you still have a complete 10.8.4 backup.

I finally fixed it, for me It had something to do with the boot flag GraphicsEnabler=No When I used the boot flag -F I was able to boot ignoring the boot plist.

Hope This Helps

Same problem here:
I backup al my kext and the kernel via OSX86 Tools before to start the upgrade via Appstore.
I think was a good idea in the case audio or something around doesn't work after the update BUT instead the system hangs TOTALLY and don't let to boot in any way.
I tried -X obviously but the system hangs in each case :beachball:

Can anyone help please?
I'm using MSI Z77MA-G45 and all was working fine on 10.8.4: imessage, icloud, sleep, video hardware acceleration... all, all was damn working excellent!!
Who damn blinded and pushed me to upgrade to this 10.8.5 ? :banghead:

No time machine backup and I would like to avoid a fresh new install because I've tons of software installed like the full creative cloud suite, a lot of session saved, thousands photos and personal videos that I can't download because are personal, self made...
Backup all this data and re-install is a titanic action so I would repair my boot error:
PLEASE, HELP!

i have your "bug too"..
i'm on a zotac ion itx pe with ion chipset (the mac mini 2009).. 10.8.4 worked good.. upgraded to 10.8.5.. it stucks at your position.. or something similar.. no boot.. if i press SPACE key, it doesen't work..

tryed to boot in -x.. nothing.. tryed to delete text in extra.. nothing.. changed the fakesmc with the 5.3V.. always the same issue..

if you find a solution / if i find one, please share

it's so strange.. it could be some new text.. anyone has the complete list of kext upgrade? i'd waht to try to put the 10.8.4v to try and find the issue..

it'a so strange..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back