Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic After Update to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without seeing a photo of the KP, I can't offer any ideas.

You should make sure you used the latest Multibeast (Not 5.5.1 or 5.5).

I used 5.5.3. Standby, working on getting a screenie, I have to put it back to make it panic at the disco.

Without seeing a photo of the KP, I can't offer any ideas.

You should make sure you used the latest Multibeast (Not 5.5.1 or 5.5).

I replaced it and it booted fine, does this look right?

Bradfords-Mac-Pro:~ Brad$ kextstat|grep -y power

12 0 0xffffff7f80940000 0x2000 0x2000 org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) <7 4 3>
17 0 0xffffff7f818a6000 0x2e000 0x2e000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (214.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

I replaced it and it booted fine, does this look right?

12 0 0xffffff7f80940000 0x2000 0x2000 org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) <7 4 3>
17 0 0xffffff7f818a6000 0x2e000 0x2e000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (214.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

Well, you'll need to get rid of NullCPU* to find out...

But 214 is the one from 10.8.5.

Well, you'll need to get rid of NullCPU* to find out...

But 214 is the one from 10.8.5.

Panic after moving null out of the SLE.

20131015_214751_resized_1.jpg

Panic after moving null out of the SLE.

View attachment 70040

This is something different (not a locked MSR issue). Look at that top line regarding "xcpm mode"...

This has something to do with "Xnu CPU Power Management", some sort of recent kernel change (perhaps having to do with UEFI?) that allows systems to run without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Somehow, when this happens AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment is not supposed to load.

PikeRAlpha has some information on this in his blog.

You might try simply removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and see what happens...

This is something different (not a locked MSR issue). Look at that top line regarding "xcpm mode"...

This has something to do with "Xnu CPU Power Management", some sort of recent kernel change (perhaps having to do with UEFI?) that allows systems to run without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Somehow, when this happens AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment is not supposed to load.

PikeRAlpha has some information on this in his blog.

You might try simply removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and see what happens...

Removed AppleIntel and it boots fine now, and returns the following:

Bradfords-Mac-Pro:~ Brad$

Removed AppleIntel and it boots fine now, and returns the following:

Bradfords-Mac-Pro:~ Brad$

You might want to test and see if you're still getting power management. Test sleep, etc. Test PStates using DPCIManager (or MSRDumper.kext or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext)

Hi,

I foolishly updated to 10.8.5 through the appstore, and now this is the resulting kernel panic. I tried booting with -F and -x flags using the regular bootloader and booting of usb. Both result in the same wifi related kernel panic. How can I manually disable the kext when boot into single user mode or is there another way?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2013-10-20 14.37.21.jpg
    2013-10-20 14.37.21.jpg
    986.2 KB · Views: 241
Hi,

I foolishly updated to 10.8.5 through the appstore, and now this is the resulting kernel panic. I tried booting with -F and -x flags using the regular bootloader and booting of usb. Both result in the same wifi related kernel panic. How can I manually disable the kext when boot into single user mode or is there another way?

Thanks.

Remove your WiFi card and see if you can boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back