Contribute
Register

karacho's Build - GA-P55A-UD3 - Core i7-860 - GeForce GT 430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm with you on that black orders are a pain... I thought I would let you know that the video card was using (GTX 465) was defiantly defective.. After I RMA the card I pulled the 8800 gts out of my daughters PC just to see if I could get that to work. All I did was Graphics Enabler= yes and what do ya know it booted to full resolution and hardware acceleration works great... I have since edited the com.apple.boot.plist and now It boots No Problem all on its own.... Oh and thats with the Dvi Cables too... :cool:

What luck to get a defective card the week I decide to try and build the Mac... I did a search and apparently a lot of people are having trouble with these cards... something to do with the "Power Management"... Any way I have another question for ya... I know the 5770 works but have you herd any one use a 5830 from Ati ? I think for the extra 20 bucks it might be worth it... Im going to look around and see... Wanted to thank you for helping me I have really become a Pro with a Mac in about a week.. And I def couldn't have done it with out you and the help of this community... thx again..

Oh thx...you're welcome.
About that 5830 from Ati. To tell you the truth...i've never had an ATI card...all i know about ATI cards i read here in the forum, and i didn't read/find much about that 5830 cards. The 5850 and the 5870 are in the HW database on the wiki but not any 5830. So i guess it's better i keep my mouth closed before i tell you some wrong things ;) Sorry for inconvenience

Hi Karacho,

Could you explain to me how you configure ur drive?
Do you use raid for 2x 500 GB WD5000AAKS ?
coz i read some article in mac performances guide, and it has same drive configuration with yours.
thanks b4..

creatorivm said:
Hi Karacho,

Could you explain to me how you configure ur drive?
Do you use raid for 2x 500 GB WD5000AAKS ?
coz i read some article in mac performances guide, and it has same drive configuration with yours.
thanks b4..
I havn't raid configured. On my SSD is OSX because it's faster than every HD. On one 500GB HD i have Win7 and on the other 500GB HD is my Ubuntu 10.10. The 1TB HD i've formatted Mac OS Extended Jounaled for Data (i.e my iTunes Library, Movies etc...)

Hi , do you have audio working on hdmi out ?

I installed voodoohda with multibeast 3.4, in audio midi setup i have four digital out (hdmi) but the sound doesn't work...

Thanks

kentiin said:
Hi , do you have audio working on hdmi out ?

I installed voodoohda with multibeast 3.4, in audio midi setup i have four digital out (hdmi) but the sound doesn't work...

Thanks
No i havn't. For audio via HDMI you have to patch your dsdt.aml like described there -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12211 I've tried that methode but is was a no go for me, so i swap back to my old dsdt.

Hello.

I'm having some issues with my build. I have the same graphics card (430) but i'm using a p55-usb3 mobo. I tried installing using your instructions but could not get it to boot. It would give me the gray apple screen but when it should have switched to the desktop screen the monitor would go black. So, i just selected the easybeast option instead of user dsdt and all worked fine. I found a kext to fix the audio and graphic resolution issues and I was a happy camper. The only thing not working was sleep. The screen would go black but I could always hear the fan running on the mobo. So, I decided to upgrade the bios to F9 and try the dsdt again. But now the original black screen during boot is back. I don't want to have to reinstall the os again.

Is there a way to boot in "safe mode" and remove the dsdt option in multibeast? Or and other way of fixing this? I think i't's working ok, just the graphics not showing whats happening.

How did you get your GT 430 to work? Does the DVI port work? I've got the same card but everything else is different.

Thanks!

dathtom said:
How did you get your GT 430 to work? Does the DVI port work? I've got the same card but everything else is different.

Thanks!
If you read my Guide then you would know how i get my GT 430 to work, and yes ALL ports are working but i've connected with VGA->VGA (i don't like the black borders on bootscreen).

karacho - I've only one last bit left on my "perfect hack" toDos and that is USB after wake. using a similar motherboard (P55A-UD4) I've installed a userDSDT with an original apple nvidia 7300GT board. 10.6.7 installed without a glitch.

whenever I am putting the computer to sleep, it loses the USB ports (mouse, keyboard) at wake time until the plug is reconnected. after the reconnect it is working fine. did you ever get this? how do I go around this? :?

maybe a USB rollback from MB is a good option?

thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back