Contribute
Register

karacho's Build - GA-P55A-UD3 - Core i7-860 - GeForce GT 430

Status
Not open for further replies.
i1magic said:
I have the exact same cpu & motherboard with the same version as you. Rev. 1 with same BIOS F11.

So easy to migrate? I'll look into it later.
Yep :)
Currently, I need to make sure that all the important task which I done in Windows 7 can be done here. Now I got one business website which REQUIRES Internet Explorer. Have tried Firefox, Chrome, Opera & Safari and NONE of them is able to display the site correctly after login.
That's another issue and a bit OT, i suggest you create a new thread for that in the right subforum
TIA karacho

karacho said:
i1magic said:
I have the exact same cpu & motherboard with the same version as you. Rev. 1 with same BIOS F11.

So easy to migrate? I'll look into it later.
Yep :)
Currently, I need to make sure that all the important task which I done in Windows 7 can be done here. Now I got one business website which REQUIRES Internet Explorer. Have tried Firefox, Chrome, Opera & Safari and NONE of them is able to display the site correctly after login.
That's another issue and a bit OT, i suggest you create a new thread for that in the right subforum
TIA karacho

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Will look into that too.

karacho said:
You're welcome...feel free to PM me the new link

Oh yah ... I got 2 x 1.5TB now running on RAID1 using Intel SATA RAID. Both are on NTFS.

I have gotten Paragon NTFS for Mac 8.0.

Is there anything to take note of for transferring RAID drives from Windows 7 over to OSX?

This week I have built a system with the same GA-P55A-UD3 board, Rev 1, Bios F11

Same Core i7 860 CPU

2x 2GB Corsair XMS ram

Original NVIDIA GT120 graphics card pulled from a Mac Pro

Belkin PCI firewire card (TI chipset)

Belkin PCI wifi card (Broadcom chipset)

WD Sata hard disk

Pioneer IDE DVDRW

Booting from CD with latest iBoot and OS X Snow Leopard retail.

I've tried everything I can find but I'm stuck on the "still waiting for root device" error and just cannot get OS X installed on here.

I've copied Karacho's bios settings, except audio is disabled because I use an external M-Audio Firewire soundcard. IDE has to stay enabled because of the DVDRW.

I recently upgraded from a dualcore AMD motherboard... I did actually get this OS X copy working on there with the same peripherals! But it only saw one core, and was unstable. It was just to experiment. Graphics card worked perfectly, Wifi showed as AirPort, Firewire and M-Audio card worked...

I expected the Intel board to take it, but it's putting up a real fight.

Do you think disabling the IDE chipset and swapping for a SATA DVDRW may persuade it? Shame I don't have one to try it...

So beautiful you wallpaper, where you find it?

Oh, thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back