Contribute
Register

karacho's Build - GA-P55A-UD3 - Core i7-860 - GeForce GT 430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, karacho! I just fired up iTunes, and now I'm singing along with Led to Rock & Roll. "Let me get back, let me get back..." Led is one of the finest bands in R&R history. Now, where's my Guinness?!

i1magic said:
I have followed exactly what is shown below ....

mb33E50LE.png

So now ... almost everything is working. Still yet to test on RAID.

Only the audio is still not working.

So close ... yet so far.

YES!! I got the Audio to work!!

Following this guide .... http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19468

My sound is ALC888 .... so I click ALC888 instead.

karacho said:
Then You havn't installed a DSDT, otherwise you would have audio without that non DSDT HDAEnabler for ALC888

I did use the DSDT for Gigabyte P55A-UD3 board. But after installation .... the audio just didn't worked.

But managed to find and followed the instruction from the link above and got my audio WORKING!! =)

karacho said:
Ok that's fine...be happy it works. But i don't understand the other Multibeast options didn't work for you :eek:

Please can you tell me if there is a file called dsdt.aml in your /Extra folder?

Hi,

Yes ... am glad to get the basic stuffs working.

Yes ... there is a DSDT.aml in my /Extra folder. It is taken from the DSDT list. But not to worry, currently ... I am using a spare harddisk to test out this Mac setup .... just to make sure that everything works before I migrate to my main system.

So I'll be going through the installation process again soon.

Now ... if I switched to OSX from Windows 7 ... basically I will not be able to use my Wireless USB adapter TP-Link TL-WN721N but my onboard Gigabit LAN is working. So the only slight messy part will be the UTP cable.

I'll have to lose my Pinnacle PCTV Stereo PCI TV card ... which I really cannot find any mac drivers for it.

Under System Preference - Sound - Output ... I only have this :

Name Type
Internal Speakers Built-in
Line Out Audio line-out port
Line Out Audio line-out port
Digial Out Optical digital-out port

The sound chip is ACL888 for this m/b right?

That depends on your Board revision number. Mine is Rev. 1 and have the ALC888. Afaik the Rev. 2 Boards have the ALC892 -> http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3439#sp

To migrate your OSX to another HD, use Carbon Copy Cloner. After that make the clone bootable by running Multibeast, choose the clone to install on that drive and only select System Utilities and Chimera bootloader ;)

karacho said:
That depends on your Board revision number. Mine is Rev. 1 and have the ALC888. Afaik the Rev. 2 Boards have the ALC892 -> http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3439#sp

To migrate your OSX to another HD, use Carbon Copy Cloner. After that make the clone bootable by running Multibeast, choose the clone to install on that drive and only select System Utilities and Chimera bootloader ;)

Hi,

I have the exact same cpu & motherboard with the same version as you. Rev. 1 with same BIOS F11.

So easy to migrate? I'll look into it later.

Currently, I need to make sure that all the important task which I done in Windows 7 can be done here. Now I got one business website which REQUIRES Internet Explorer. Have tried Firefox, Chrome, Opera & Safari and NONE of them is able to display the site correctly after login.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back