Contribute
Register

karacho's Build - GA-P55A-UD3 - Core i7-860 - GeForce GT 430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi karacho and thanks so much for your post, it helped me out in getting my computer back up and running after installing 10.6.8. I have a question regarding your bios set up and in particular CPU Clock Ratio. I have the same mother board GA-P55a-UD3 v.1 but I have an i5 750 cpu. Do you recommend that setting that you have 21x? Also I can not get the sound back at all. I have tried many times installing via multi beast but still cant get it to work. In the system profiler, it states I have the Audio ID as 892 which I know is not right as it should be 888 I think. I have no idea why it says 892 and think that maybe its the update that is doing that or that I have used the wrong DSDT but I have tried both version 1 and 2 but the result is the same. Do you think I should drop the DSDT in the extras folder and reboot? I haven't tried that yet but will. If you can shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

My best wishes for your creature, I discover only now besides the guide. Nice work! and wonderful machine. Mine will never be so tidy inside. I didn't even know the existence of such a case hiding wires from a modular SP under the hood. Unbeliveable....

Did you lionized it? I found very easy update to lion my ga-p55a ud3 rev.1 F11 thanks to tonyMac posts. I register only a minor issue on audio digital output. Midi config. don't allow to select 5.1.
:clap:

I know this is a golden build and an old post but I want to say a few things .

First off karacho. This is amazing. You and I actually have the exact same set up except im using an I5. The install went very well and thank you tremendously for this write up.

I did notice since multibeast etc has been updated since this was posted etc. that our boot loader info is different.

Also I have a random kernel panic involving my GTX 470. How did you get around that? My resolution etc is perfect and so is sound. The only issue I have is whenver I play video it occasionally crashes and tags the geforce drivers as the source of the fatal error.

I wasn't able to get the tonymacx86 nvidia driver update to work. It would never install. I just simply found a single driver for the gtx 470 here on the forum and it worked fine.

Suggestions on avenues to pursue? My system now functions 99% of the time except during video =/

NS142317009 said:
I did notice since multibeast etc has been updated since this was posted etc. that our boot loader info is different.
I updated the screenshot since 3.9.1 was Released. With 3.10.0 i would select the same Settings. The boot loader info is different because Chimera was Updated too from Release to Release.
Also I have a random kernel panic involving my GTX 470. How did you get around that? My resolution etc is perfect and so is sound. The only issue I have is whenver I play video it occasionally crashes and tags the geforce drivers as the source of the fatal error.
Sounds to me like the Fermi Freeze Issue...i havn't that because my Card is an GT 430 with GF108 GPU. That GPU isn't affected by the Fermi Issue, but afaik your Card should work fine on Lion.
I wasn't able to get the tonymacx86 nvidia driver update to work. It would never install. I just simply found a single driver for the gtx 470 here on the forum and it worked fine.
Afaik the Nvidia Installer.pkg works on 10.6.7-10.6.8 only

karacho said:
NS142317009 said:
I updated the screenshot since 3.9.1 was Released. With 3.10.0 i would select the same Settings. The boot loader info is different because Chimera was Updated too from Release to Release.
Sounds to me like the Fermi Freeze Issue...i havn't that because my Card is an GT 430 with GF108 GPU. That GPU isn't affected by the Fermi Issue, but afaik your Card should work fine on Lion.
[quote:2copuz7j]I wasn't able to get the tonymacx86 nvidia driver update to work. It would never install. I just simply found a single driver for the gtx 470 here on the forum and it worked fine.
Afaik the Nvidia Installer.pkg works on 10.6.7-10.6.8 only[/quote:2copuz7j]

Good to know about lion. Maybe I should just upgrade to that. I am however running update 10.6.8 and the nividia installer is still not working. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back