Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks! Now I can use 3 fingers swipe to Move left/right a space like a magic trackpad. But can't use 2 fingers swipe. Is it possible to use 2 fingers swipe between pages like a magic trackpad?

Many thanks! Now I can use 3 fingers swipe to Move left/right a space like a magic trackpad. But can't use 2 fingers swipe. Is it possible to use 2 fingers swipe between pages like a magic trackpad?

Two finger swipes are not implemented as two finger actions are designated for scrolling.

I understand that, but if it possible to set the swipe to move between pages, not spaces. I believe it is more useful. It should be Cmd+left/right arrow, or Cmd+[/].

I understand that, but if it possible to set the swipe to move between pages, not spaces. I believe it is more useful. It should be Cmd+left/right arrow, or Cmd+[/].

You can change the key assignments to whatever you want via the keyboard kext's Info.plist. See the changelog/code for details.

Cheers for you advises.

This is what happens while I am booting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExjXsDbjFw

I can launch the install, but after few minutes, that stop... :rolleyes:
They ask me to reboot.

Thank you in advance.

Can you plug in a HDMI display ?, It looks to me as if osx is loaded ok but still cant initialise your internal display. One thing that you need to establish is the order of the displays. My se has a Discrete amd gpu as well as the built-in hd 3000. on my system the discrete display is id 1 and the intel hd 3000 is id 2. You need to know this for DSDT edits as well as some audio fixes (hdmi audio .. etc). Try the remote display just to check that osx is working.

Cheers
Jay

So, I tried with my TV, 2 different tips:
- first, I plugged the HDMI before starting up the computer. But when the "language step" happened, the display was totally deformed. Maybe, I can launch the install by using enter, but I think it will be complicate. Otherwise with an other display, less bigger.
-second, I plugged the HDMI when the "language step" happened, and I was able to launch the install, but unfortunately it failed, same error.

Cheers,
Adrien

I am trying to download again Mavericks from AppStore, to prepare again the USB.

So, I tried with my TV, 2 different tips:
- first, I plugged the HDMI before starting up the computer. But when the "language step" happened, the display was totally deformed. Maybe, I can launch the install by using enter, but I think it will be complicate. Otherwise with an other display, less bigger.
-second, I plugged the HDMI when the "language step" happened, and I was able to launch the install, but unfortunately it failed, same error.

Cheers,
Adrien

I am trying to download again Mavericks from AppStore, to prepare again the USB.
Hi Adrien,

Can you please specify what is the spec of your machine ?, full model no, CPU, internal GPU, Discrete GPU, amount of RAM ... etc. As RehabMan pointed out a few posts back, you should update your signature with the full spec of your machine.

I'm guessing that the problem is possibly to do with the graphics switching. On my Sony SE and older gen SA/SB/SC there is a switch to change over from intel HD graphics to AMD/ATI desecrate GPU. In my DSDT there is some code which powers down the AMD/ATI GPU as its impossible (at this time) to fully emulate the Sony implementation of GPU switching in OSX. If you have a switch make sure it is in the Stamina / Intel HD Graphics position. You may need to modify the DSDT and remove the ATI power down code.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,

I did new Flash USB with Unibeast, but that did not work. But I am sure there is clean install.

Stamina mode changes nothing unfortunately :(.
I will now try change DSDT, I upload when it is finished.

My features :
Model : VAIO-VPCSB4C5E

1.jpg2.jpg
I hope everything needed is here :D.

Cheers :D

Cheers for you advises.

This is what happens while I am booting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExjXsDbjFw

I can launch the install, but after few minutes, that stop... :rolleyes:
They ask me to reboot.

Thank you in advance.

It looks like it is booting to me and was ready to reach the installer... Be patient... it takes a while to reach the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back