Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see last post - Updated with DSDT change.

Do your fn+ Vol +/- and Mute keys work ?

Jay

My eyes ! :D
The brightness works well ! Great :thumbup:
The volume doesn't work however.

Thanks again ! :D
Hope my problems can help you for your github patches.
Adrien

EDIT : The Volume settings works well when I am plugged via bluetooth to my speakers. That the most important for me. I do not really use the Sony Speaker due to bad quality.
But I am asking me : maybe the volume buttons doesn't work just because the sony speakers doesn't work on my vaio ?!

EDIT : The Volume settings works well when I am plugged via bluetooth to my speakers. That the most important for me. I do not really use the Sony Speaker due to bad quality.
But I am asking me : maybe the volume buttons doesn't work just because the sony speakers doesn't work on my Vaio ?!
Sounds like your Vaio uses a different codec to my SE, My SE uses a Realtek ALC275 the Custom Apple HDA in my Post Install pack is specifically for that.

As the vol keys are working with external BT device OSX is using them ok. You should try and find out what codec you have, you will need to perform a codec dump - from this you will be able to identify the codec type , verb data bits & pin config data, all of this information is required to patch a custom AppleHDA. You could try VodooHDA but i would try to avoid that route if possible.

There are many guides for doing this on all the Hackingtosh forums, its a bit of a learning curve and it took me quite a while to get mine working perfect but like all things Hackintosh, its a great sense of achievement when you get it to work. No one guide really covers all.

Just try searching for 'How to patch AppleHDA' or 'Custom AppleHDA Patching', Read the guides and learn what you need to do. You should not need the DSDT edits as these are already in my DSDT

Alternatively once you have identified what codec you have you could try searching to see if someone has already patched applehda for that type of codec.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jays,

You are right, it is exciting when you find problem solution, you feel happy :D.

I checked my Codec, I have the same card and same codec. One Intel card appears also, but as unknown in Everest program.
I will try fixing later with the help of your last message.

First of all, I would fix my touchpad with ALPS driver. I am trying kext from RehabMan Merge, yet don't know why that doesn't work.

Also, I will order wifi card or usb card. The card you advised is on eBay, but it comes from unknown seller and we have to wait for 2 weeks.

Cheers Jays,
Adrien

I checked my Codec, I have the same card and same codec. One Intel card appears also, but as unknown in Everest program. I will try fixing later with the help of your last message.

If thats the case then you may only have to change node or verb data in AppleHDA. If you can run a Codec Dump and send me the file, I'll take a look and try and help you solve the issue, for some reason I'm not allowed to post a link to guides on other sites, so try Googleing for "1967-applehda-binary-patching" without the quotes, you should find a guide on OSX AppleHDA Patching, goto page 1 and try and follow the instructions for getting the codec and verb data, best method is to use a Ubuntu USB Live.

First of all, I would fix my touchpad with ALPS driver. I am trying kext from RehabMan Merge, yet don't know why that doesn't work.

Make sure you use the ALPS trunk as pointed out by Cyber Walrus a few posts back, ReHabMan should be able to help you but use his main VoodooPS2 kext thread here

Also, I will order wifi card or usb card. The card you advised is on eBay, but it comes from unknown seller and we have to wait for 2 weeks.

The Mini PCIe card I suggest in my Guide is the best solution for wifi and bluetooth at a low cost, I have ordered several cards from that ebay seller with no problems and always arrives in less than 2 weeks.

You can use any of alternatives as documented by Toleda, see his GitHub Repo here

Cheers Jay

If thats the case then you may only have to change node or verb data in AppleHDA. If you can run a Codec Dump and send me the file, I'll take a look and try and help you solve the issue, for some reason I'm not allowed to post a link to guides on other sites, so try Googleing for "1967-applehda-binary-patching" without the quotes, you should find a guide on OSX AppleHDA Patching, goto page 1 and try and follow the instructions for getting the codec and verb data, best method is to use a Ubuntu USB Live.

I have seen the guide. I will try as soon as possible.

Make sure you use the ALPS trunk as pointed out by Cyber Walrus a few posts back, ReHabMan should be able to help you but use his main VoodooPS2 kext thread here

Yes I started a discussion with RehabMan, but in an other thread which has the same name.

The Mini PCIe card I suggest in my Guide is the best solution for wifi and bluetooth at a low cost, I have ordered several cards from that ebay seller with no problems and always arrives in less than 2 weeks.

I just ordered the card on eBay. I will need to disable my actual bluetooth card in my DSDT, the one I am using now, I suppose.

I tried to swap the two SSD, but I can't ! You are right, the factory disk is 1,8". I may use an adapter in the caddy, but there isn't enough place in the vaio to fit the 2,5" SSD + an optional adapter.
Different solutions I found :
- use two boot loader, so install an other one on windows disk to boot mac disk. I do not really know if I can delete the boot loader on mac disk and install it on window disk. I thinks I can't.
- switch os between two different disks (little bit slow and annoying...)
- use SD card which has clover installed, because the card could be hided, not as USB key. But the Bios doesn't want to boot on.
Ahah :banghead: !

For the battery, I need to try different patches to get percentage. I used kext from the web, but it works randomly. If I find an other one on internet which works perfectly, I let you know ! maybe that can help you for your next guide about Sa/Sb vaio.

Thank you very much for your help ! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Adrien

I tried to swap the two SSD, but I can't ! You are right, the factory disk is 1,8". I may use an adapter in the caddy, but there isn't enough place in the vaio to fit the 2,5" SSD + an optional adapter.
So your machine has the Sony Factory Fit SSD ?, I did not know that, you did not make that clear in your posts ?, thats why its important to update your signature with the specs of your machine. That does make things a little more complicated, you could buy the Sony part to allow attachment of a standard 2.5 SSD to to the (HDD) SATA 0 Port. I've attached the Service Manual so you can find the correct part no(s).

For the battery, I need to try different patches to get percentage. I used kext from the web, but it works randomly.
The Battery Kext in my Post Install Pack should work as long as you have the right DSDT edits (8bit rather than 16bit Battery Declarations), if its not working check out ReHabMans Battery Kext thread here.

I would try getting in-touch with CyberWalrus, as he has more experience on SA/SB than myself.

Good Luck
Jay

Attachments

• Sony Vaio SA-SD Service Manual.pdf.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 101
I'm pretty confused reading this thread to be honest. I swapped in my EDID into Jays DSDT, and am currently using a build of rehabman's PS2 kexts from the alps branch, (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/tree/bpedman_merge) with a tiny fix I added for the inverted momentum scrolling, and its been running perfectly for the last week or so now.

Really not sure where the issues are coming from, the SA/SB have identical hardware to the SE, apart from the synaptics pad, the only thing that can vary is the screen size (EDID) and CPU (doesn't matter). They share the same BIOS.

I'm pretty confused reading this thread to be honest. I swapped in my EDID into Jays DSDT, and am currently using a build of rehabman's PS2 kexts from the alps branch, (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/tree/bpedman_merge) with a tiny fix I added for the inverted momentum scrolling, and its been running perfectly for the last week or so now.

Really not sure where the issues are coming from, the SA/SB have identical hardware to the SE, apart from the synaptics pad, the only thing that can vary is the screen size (EDID) and CPU (doesn't matter). They share the same BIOS.

Got to agree with CW on that, if you have a Sandy Bridge CPU and you have a SA, SB or SC Vaio then my guide should work with just the changes mentioned by CW are you sure about your model no ?

Cheers
Jay

Mavericks 10.9.1 Update

Today I installed the 10.9.1 update on my Sony SE and all is working great. To install the Update

1. Ensure you have an up-to-date backup
2. Backup the customised AppleHDA.kext & AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from /S/L/E
3. Download the 10.9.1 Combo Update from here
4. Run the Update and Reboot (the rest of the update will be installed during shutdown)
5. After re-booting back into OSX use KextUtility to re-install the two kext's from step 2
6. Reboot and load OSX using -f switch (once only - stops KP from VoodooPS2Controller)
7. Your done.

Hope you all had a great Christmas
Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back