Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping the Haswell & Mavericks is the solution...

Any one in Beta with any success ?

You could remove the DRM from those files, that's what I ended up having to do.

How are you stripping DRM from HD? I can remove it from SD videos from the iTunes Store, but I can't from HD using Requiem.

I have an i5 Ivy Bridge HD3000 with a Mac Mini 6,2 identifier connected to a Sanyo PLV-Z2000 projector connected to the hackintosh by an HDMI cable. I also have iTunes running in 32-bit mode. I'm getting the HDCP error about my display with HD content. Any ideas how to get around this?

You have to have iTunes 10 installed. Requiem can't work with HD files from 11+. I installed 10 on my windows partition, then moved all of my HD files to a shared drive and then Requiem worked. Kind of a pain, but it's worth it.

guys ive found a fix if you've updated to iTunes 11 back up your itunes library and then downgrade back to iTunes 10.7 this will fix your issues hope this helps you guys

If you have an Ivy system there is no current solution.

Hmm. I appreciate there may be some good reason for this statement however I'm not so sure.

I have Ivy Bridge and for certain iTunes 11.1 on Windows 8 - same Hackintosh hardware - plays protected video fine.

I also did have full playback in OS X on this hardware but lost sight of where it broke - was is an OS X upgrade or iTunes? That's stumped me. My hardware hasn't changed for a long while.

Just trying to offer some hope. It feels like it must be an authorisation (hardware/software) issue.

:(

To answer the previous question is that I noticed that my protected content wouldn't work after I upgraded to 11.02.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the video card and bios settings. I have a GTX 650 and my bios is set for PEG card first. Does everyone here that has the problem have an add-on card? Has anyone tried removing the card and running on the Intel built-in video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back