Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best solution I found was to strip the iTunes DRM. We purchased the content, we should be able to watch it, right?

Additional notes. I received this error upon closing iTunes after attempting to play video.

Code:
Apr 27 01:44:37 hacky.local iTunes[402]: AVF error: flow_KE1 acceleratorCreate 1
Apr 27 01:44:37 hacky.local iTunes[402]: AVF error: fail to create QT accelerator

Can you guys open the console. Hit the 'Clear Display' button, run iTunes and attempt to play a video. Then close iTunes and see if you get any new input in the console. If so, add below.

Just for reference, I have an old 1st gen (real) Intel Mac Mini running iTunes 11.02 with a standard VGA monitor. All protected content plays fine there. When I copy it over to my Hackintosh either manually or via Home Sharing, it doesn't play (just get black box & no audio). iTunes apparently still has some means to play protected content on non-HDCP compliant hardware.

I don't get any errors trying to play my purchased HD content - just black screen.

But I get the following, when trying to watch a movie trailer in iTunes

Code:
29/04/13 8:17:30.442 AM CVMServer[114]: Check-in to the service com.apple.cvmsCompAgent_x86_64 failed. This is likely because you have either unloaded the job or the MachService has the ResetAtClose attribute specified in the launchd.plist. If present, this attribute should be removed.

Additional notes. I received this error upon closing iTunes after attempting to play video.

Code:
Apr 27 01:44:37 hacky.local iTunes[402]: AVF error: flow_KE1 acceleratorCreate 1
Apr 27 01:44:37 hacky.local iTunes[402]: AVF error: fail to create QT accelerator

Can you guys open the console. Hit the 'Clear Display' button, run iTunes and attempt to play a video. Then close iTunes and see if you get any new input in the console. If so, add below.

This is the only message I get when quitting iTunes after trying to play video content.

29/04/2013 18:13:37.546 iTunes[15905]: 2013-04-29 06:13:37.545869 PM [AVSystemController] Stopping AirPlay

Ok after experimenting I have itunes video working and i no longer get the hdcp error. if anybody wants to try this on mac mini 6,2 and itunes 11 it would help. What i have working is the hdmi to my sony receiver and than to my samsung 46 and the dvi to my old dell 2405 lcd ..both these are from the hd4000 ..Next i have the dvi from my gpu (4870) also connected to my samsung 46" TV. I set the desktop in display preferences to the 4870 and switch to that on my display and shockingly it worked! I have to experiment on another drive as i am using mac mini 5,3 and itunes 10.7. I am using z77x-ud5h and 3770k on 10.8.3. i know not everybody has the same setup but it is a start.

Glad to hear somebody is making progress !

Can you please describe the original error - Black screen or other ?
Hardware details and Multi-beast settings ?

From the description I take it - you have the following
- HD4000 HDMI to Receiver (& then to Samsung TV)
- HD4000 DVI to Dell 2405 LCD
- GPU (4870) DVI to Samsung TV (direct ?)

Do you have sound over HDMI enabled etc...

Any info on Bois settings - as wildwillow suggested it may be bios related.

Yes Hdmi audio is enabled. I switched partitions and it did not work in the other 2 i had but those were left over from my previous system and i just messed with them to get them to work with my current system. Going to keep working on it to see what the difference is .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back