Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have a solution for this yet? I have loads of purchased HD video on my Hackintosh :(

There are only two options I am aware of, both stated in this thread. Downgrade to iTunes 10, or remove the DRM from the files.

This problem all started with itunes 11, and it is clearly a DRM issue.

In my own case, I used my windows partition with itunes 10 and a drm removal app. I won't mention it here, as it might be against the rules, but a quick web search should tell you everything you need to know.

The issue may be simple to solve. Try to right click on iTunes and click Get Info and then check Run in 32-bit mode. It may solve the problem. Good luck! :thumbup:

The issue may be simple to solve. Try to right click on iTunes and click Get Info and then check Run in 32-bit mode. It may solve the problem. Good luck! :thumbup:

That used to work with iTunes 11.0.2 but it no longer works.

To answer the previous question is that I noticed that my protected content wouldn't work after I upgraded to 11.02.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the video card and bios settings. I have a GTX 650 and my bios is set for PEG card first. Does everyone here that has the problem have an add-on card? Has anyone tried removing the card and running on the Intel built-in video?

I'm not sure it's a BIOS/Hardware issue.

When I first read your post I thought, yep, great idea! I'll try that later.

However in the cool, calm light of day I realise it's unlikely. Also too that "Mucksavage"'s reply is not the answer either.

The reason is that without changing any settings on this Ivy Bridge PC, only changing the hard drive, I am now running Windows 8 with iTunes 11.1 (64-bit) and all my protected video content plays fine. Pop the Hackintosh HD back in and no video...

It seems hard to comprehend that Apple would deliberately prevent it's own OS from playing DRM videos and then allow Windows PCs to.

So I conclude there must be some check OS X makes and a kext/driver conflict is sending the wrong info back. (Unless it is some very subtle coding by Apple that is designed to prevent playback of protected content on non-Apple hardware, which I tend to doubt).

Perhaps the network or USB drivers could be in the way. (Trying to think of what other modifications we make to get our Hackintoshes running). I guess the sound kexts are unlikely culprits because protected music plays fine for me. I don't see why some people think it's Ivy Bridge that's at fault. Unless it's simply a CPU PM kext or similar.

Incredibly frustrating!

:rolleyes:

To answer the previous question is that I noticed that my protected content wouldn't work after I upgraded to 11.02.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the video card and bios settings. I have a GTX 650 and my bios is set for PEG card first. Does everyone here that has the problem have an add-on card? Has anyone tried removing the card and running on the Intel built-in video?

Yes I did this and reported in a thread some time ago... no dice. Last time I checked I could play iTunes 11 protected content on my P55 Hackintosh, so it does seem to be an Ivy/Haswell problem at least. I don't have any Intel 68/65 generation motherboard systems to try. I haven't checked the P55 system lately as I don't have it registered with Apple to play content, so it is possible it could be broken now too.

It is pretty frustrating as there do not seem to be any error messages in the .log files indicating what or where the problem is.

Ill jut like to add, maybe some geniuses here may be able to find a link (or non link).

On my system NOT ALL movies from iTunes are disabled by the black screen.

For example, the movie 'One Day' featuring Anne Hattway will play with video and sound. However, another movie, say Avatar will not play.

If someone does enough probing, maybe they can find out why One Day will play, what makes this one so special?

While I was researching this, I noticed what appeared to be text flashing in the middle of the green and pink. I managed to stop it on a frame where I could see some of it. It's chopped off, but perhaps this gives some insight as well:

ne PC - Intel Graphics Driver ILK ...
----------------------------------------
ription.jsp?...
e provides the Intel Graphics Driver for
rating system.

nnowBoard'i satisa sundu
-kaynak-bilg... Translate this page
nda sikca duydugumux ve gelistirilmesine
den acik kaynak ibaresi, ...

I can also tell you that the "AVF error: Gen7IntelGVAScheduleAVDCommands, TT err =" is being emitted from the AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver - iTunes is just dumping the error out.

I can also tell you that the "AVF error: Gen7IntelGVAScheduleAVDCommands, TT err =" is being emitted from the AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver - iTunes is just dumping the error out.

Correct but there doesn't seem to be a solution for it.

While I was researching this, I noticed what appeared to be text flashing in the middle of the green and pink. I managed to stop it on a frame where I could see some of it. It's chopped off, but perhaps this gives some insight as well:

ne PC - Intel Graphics Driver ILK ...
----------------------------------------
ription.jsp?...
e provides the Intel Graphics Driver for
rating system.

nnowBoard'i satisa sundu
-kaynak-bilg... Translate this page
nda sikca duydugumux ve gelistirilmesine
den acik kaynak ibaresi, ...

Bit of Googling gives up *some* info, but not much I know...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...n7intelgvascheduleavdcommands-tt-err-5-a.html

... indicates it's been seen before. The link in there points to an edit for Intel graphics.

The broken text quoted appears to be Turkish (Google Translate is your friend!) waffling about Open Source, but linked to the Intel internal graphics. Unsure why if you have discrete graphics :(

One of the posters on the other site mentions a machine definition. I wonder if there lies the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back