Motherboard
GA X99 Gaming 5
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
2x GTX 1080s
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Note: this is from a hackforums post that I created.

Hi there.
I have Hackintosh and Windows 8 installed, both on separate hard drives.

I created a clover USB to install mavericks. I installed it, but when I went to boot it, the screen went black and went back to clover.

I also tried snow leopard, but when I booted, the system took about 5 minutes and then said I had to restart my computer. Kept doing this.

Anybody know how I could get a dual boot of windows 8.1 and mavericks using clover for UEFI support?

Note: this is from a hackforums post that I created.

Hi there.
I have Hackintosh and Windows 8 installed, both on separate hard drives.

I created a clover USB to install mavericks. I installed it, but when I went to boot it, the screen went black and went back to clover.

I also tried snow leopard, but when I booted, the system took about 5 minutes and then said I had to restart my computer. Kept doing this.

Anybody know how I could get a dual boot of windows 8.1 and mavericks using clover for UEFI support?

No idea without hardware specs...

No idea without hardware specs...
My gosh, completely forgot sorry.

its a custom build and I'm not on it currently, let me try and remember the specs.

Intel Core i7 3770 s1155
2GB MSI GTX660 TwinFrozr PCI-E
Asus P8B75-V
16GB 4x4GB CMV8GX3M2A1333C9
1TB WD WD10EZEX SATA 3 HDD (Can't remember the other two HDDs, they're both the same though and are 250gb each)
AK-PA075AM01-UK 750W PSU VENOM

its a custom build and I'm not on it currently, let me try and remember the specs.

i7 3770
GTX 660
Asus P8B75-V
16gb some corsair ram, can't remember the specifications of that sorry.

doublecheck BIOS setings. Did you edit the default config.plist? The default has too much nonessential items enabled to be useful on most boards. Try the sample Standard config.plist from http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

Intel Core i7 3770 s1155
2GB MSI GTX660 TwinFrozr PCI-E
Asus P8B75-V
16GB 4x4GB CMV8GX3M2A1333C9
1TB WD WD10EZEX SATA 3 HDD (Can't remember the other two HDDs, they're both the same though and are 250gb each)
AK-PA075AM01-UK 750W PSU VENOM

Make sure your config.plist matches your specs. For example, your graphics is natively recognized so config.plist/Graphics/Inject... all should be false. And you should use a digital connection to your monitor (not VGA).

Make sure your config.plist matches your specs. For example, your graphics is natively recognized so config.plist/Graphics/Inject... all should be false. And you should use a digital connection to your monitor (not VGA).
Okay, should that be for both the USB and when I install clover to the HDD?
all my screens use DVI thankfully.

I've installed mavericks on a second harddrive. When I boot into clover with my USB, the only two options are Windows and the installer again.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back