Contribute
Register

[ISSUE] MISSING Bluetooth Controller Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had everything running fine, was trying to fix an issue where my RAM was being misrepresented by the system (registering as 2x4GB DIMMs instead of 2x8GB, even thought the mobo and BIOS registered them just fine). I feel like the only change I made that could have affected anything was I added the <key>Memory</key> section to my config.plist to try to force the system to recognize the sticks, and now it wont boot past the [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOtHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! I solved this issue before somehow on my first install, and had a working system for like 20-30 boots.
Also have tried nv_disable=1 (even though discrete graphics drivers were previously working with nvda_drv=1), and I did the fix where you boot into single user and do some kext editing. Please Help :/
[EDIT]
A friend pointed out that 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!' error is usually caused by the FakeSMC.kext missing/not loading, so I used this tutorial to re-insert it into my Clover boot. Voilá! Problem solved. When I rebooted into OS X, the Ethernet/LAN wasn't working on my board again, so I just repaired kext permissions for my Realtek8111.kext using EasyKext Utility, and everything back to normal.
Also, after paying the $1.49 for memtest, it turns out the RAM issue is just cosmetic—terminal/kernel recognizes all 16GB of my RAM, but it doesn't properly display with System Profiler in El Cap. Thinking it might be an issue with the model I specified in SMBIOS (namely, iMac 17,1). For now, I'm cool with it, but will definitely attempt to correct it in future. Happy hacking :)

Last edited:
adn i have fail in |Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!|
have keys |dart=0 slide=0 -gux_defer_usb2 nv_disable=1 cpus=1 -v debug=0x100 cpus=1|
kexts FakeSMC.kext, HWInfo.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Probably a stupid question but how? I cant seem to find the config file on my USB...?

Probably a stupid question but how? I cant seem to find the config file on my USB...?
Use the EFI mounter V3 to mount the partition. Also unhide hidden folders. You can also use the Show all files app from
the downloads section of this site.

I can see the USB contents through finder, I have hidden folders unhidden but I dont see config anywhere? Thanks very much for replying though.

I can see the USB contents through finder, I have hidden folders unhidden but I dont see config anywhere? Thanks very much for replying though.

Have you mounted the EFI partition ?

Um no, didnt know I had to, I thought it was all kind of 'automatic' (Im pretty noobish with clover).

I have not got to the installer yet, I'm following the guide. Will I need to do it a different way?

EDIT: Tried to use EFI Mounter 3 and it wanted me to select my boot partition, I wasnt sure of the consequence of doing this so I cancelled out of it. Then I got braver and chose s1 then it asked me if I wanted to mount or unmount my boot drive, no other options. So erm.....feeling more clueless than the most clueless guy in clueless land, on clueless day.

TBH I feel like it's not going to work, I'm not the only one that has issues with this mb. I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on an X99 rig instead but I just spent $300 on my bike so 'management' might not agree.

Last edited:
try opening the Terminal app found in Applications>Utilities and type
diskutil list
It should show your external USB and the EFI partition, then you type
diskutil mount
With whatever that name is (disk1s1, etc)
Mounting a partition isn't dangerous by the way, so no worries :)

Last edited:
Thanks sparrow, will give it a whirl later -> yay, I mounted my first disk.

So, everything in ACPI is unchecked
Everything in FakeSMC is 0x0

State of play is this:
Tried every single USB port
USB3.0 is disabled in BIOS
I use the following flags from my existing yosemite installation:
darkwake=0
npci=0x2000
kext-dev-mode=1
Added
UseKernelCache=No (as a result of kext-dev-mode=1)
nv_disable (I have a GTX970)
-v
cpus=1 (someone said it might help)

I now have these flags written permanently into the config file on the USB (thanks to users in this thread).

However its always the same result. However, I can get into my existing Yosemite installation, via clover, using those flags.

Any suggestions or should I be looking at an X99?

Last edited:
Do
what kexts are located in your EFI>CLOVER>kexts directory?
This (the first bit of the tutorial) was how I solved my Bluetooth controller issue, but I'm on El Cap...and I downloaded the latest FakeSMC.kext from tonymac. That hackintosh site I linked also has a guide on a vanilla install of Yosemite with some additional boot args you might try:
npci=0x3000
-x (boots into safe mode)
PCIRootUID=1 or
PCIRootUID=0
Sorry I don't know more about your particular board, I'm figuring things out as I go as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back