Contribute
Register

Installing El Capitan on ga-z68x-ud3h-b3, i7 2600k, gtx 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i edited the config.plist and turned inject nvidia to false and that worked great. both displays now working.
You managed that yourself - all I did was link to the solution

Having no drivers for my gtx 770 will this take advantage fully advantage of it? (yet to do any benchmarks)
The drivers in OS X work really well. There may be some minor improvement by using the additional nvidia drivers, but they are not really going to give a real performance boost - some benchmark figures may be better though.

thank you so much for the help. great links and information provided i couldnt find.
You are very welcome. :thumbup:
Much of this stuff is available from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
Forum > Post Installation > ... I know my way around really well which makes things quicker to find. :geek:

What device would you recommend i pick to emulate? My hardware dosnt really match one specifc device so im not sure. I seen somewhere to pick a Mac Pro but the
"iMac "Core i7" 3.4 27-Inch (Mid-2011) 3.4 GHz Core i7 (I7-2600)"(everymac.com) is the only one with my CPU (without the K). Does it matter?

That looks like a good match. GPUs can behave erratically or not appear to properly function if you use the wrong one. Mac Pro (especially 3,1) used to be the safe option, but that does seem to be changing. See P1LGRIM's excellent guide for more info:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

That looks like a good match. GPUs can behave erratically or not appear to properly function if you use the wrong one. Mac Pro (especially 3,1) used to be the safe option, but that does seem to be changing. See P1LGRIM's excellent guide for more info:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
I will follow the guide on picking the correct hardware and getting imessage to work now.

One more thing (sorry to be a pain) but i cannot find a solution to my problem online. before installing os x i had to update my bios firmware from f12 to UEIF (the guide i followed recommended it) but it seems to have stopped my keyboard and mouse working on windows 7 on my other ssd. if i was to revert bios update would it be difficult to switch the boot loader from UEIF to legacy (are there any draw backs?). and im guessing i should change the boot loader before firmware change to ensure i can still access os x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back