Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V3 (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Thank you very much for your great tutorial
2. I do not know why, but my NUC can't see the Audio Output ;-(

When I go to 'Applications/Utilities' - I've got empty left side

In System Information>Audio Option I'v got:
Audio
> Intel High Definition Audio
HDMI/DisplayPort Output
> Devices
empty

What can I do more?:banghead:

I'v got: NUC D54250WYK)

Greet Mark

1. Thank you very much for your great tutorial
2. I do not know why, but my NUC can't see the Audio Output ;-(

When I go to 'Applications/Utilities' - I've got empty left side

In System Information>Audio Option I'v got:
Audio
> Intel High Definition Audio
HDMI/DisplayPort Output
> Devices
empty

What can I do more?:banghead:

I'v got: NUC D54250WYK)

Greet Mark

This makes me think you have not followed the guide properly. If you had, you would have read the part towards the end that tells you what to do if something does not work as expected. It is highlighted in blue so it stands out and is easy to read...

This makes me think you have not followed the guide properly. If you had, you would have read the part towards the end that tells you what to do if something does not work as expected. It is highlighted in blue so it stands out and is easy to read...

Thanks for reply.

I was followed the guide properly in every step except one: I've got Yosemite 10.10.1.
Everything else (BIOS version, NUC version etc is the same).

I was installed the system twice and still the same - doesn't see Audio devices.

Before, I was have Mavericks following tonymacx86.com, and audio was working fine (voodoo), now is not ;-(

Thanks for reply.

I was followed the guide properly in every step except one: I've got Yosemite 10.10.1.
Everything else (BIOS version, NUC version etc is the same).

I was installed the system twice and still the same - doesn't see Audio devices.

Before, I was have Mavericks following tonymacx86.com, and audio was working fine (voodoo), now is not ;-(

The guide does clearly state 10.10.2.

Audio frequently changes between OSX versions and updates, as does the kernel.

The guide is written for 10.10.2 and that is what you should use.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/159898-security-update-2015-003-1-0-a.html

another update, oh no ,,,,,,,

this one def replaces the kernel

is there a easy way to do the update and replace the patched kernel

thanks not done the update yet this time

The basic route for preparing updates when a kernel changes, is to extract and patch the new kernel, add it to the unibeast installer key, test boot to make sure it boots the working system, download and apply the actual full patch from Apple on the NUC, then reboot using the Unibeast key and replace the kernel on the NUC with the new patched one; similar to how we do it on the initial install.

Obvious backups in place and usual precautions to be applied.

With 10.10.3 due real soon, Im thinking to leave it as it is for now, then we can update to 10.10.3 from where we are now.

The basic route for preparing updates when a kernel changes, is to extract and patch the new kernel, add it to the unibeast installer key, test boot to make sure it boots the working system, download and apply the actual full patch from Apple on the NUC, then reboot using the Unibeast key and replace the kernel on the NUC with the new patched one; similar to how we do it on the initial install.

Obvious backups in place and usual precautions to be applied.

With 10.10.3 due real soon, Im thinking to leave it as it is for now, then we can update to 10.10.3 from where we are now.

you mean extract the kernel from the update.....?????

i think you might be right might be worth waiting for the 10.10.3 update :)

The guide does clearly state 10.10.2.

Audio frequently changes between OSX versions and updates, as does the kernel.

The guide is written for 10.10.2 and that is what you should use.

Yes !
Thanks a lot.

I've got another questions?
1) is normal that's sometimes speakers is make noise?
2) When I booting NUC, bootloader show me drive with 'Yosemite' on it, and I MUST klick Enter on wifi keyboard.
Problem is when I change keyboard to bluetooth and press Enter - (doesn't work bluetooth). Can I change bootloader that is booting without pressing Enter?

Once again Thanks a lot for Youre last answer
:clap:

Yes. Pacifist does the job for this.

Hi thanks found the software Google is your friend lol

extract the new kernel try it with the USB

see if it works if it does replace it to NUC

if it dont work do i need to patch the new kernel or will the old one work again

like the last up date

i would like to learn how to patch the kernels any guides that way i can learn to update the NUC my self if that makes sense am sure you don't want us asking you every time
even thou we really appreciate your help thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back