Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V3 (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes !
Thanks a lot.

I've got another questions?
1) is normal that's sometimes speakers is make noise?
2) When I booting NUC, bootloader show me drive with 'Yosemite' on it, and I MUST klick Enter on wifi keyboard.
Problem is when I change keyboard to bluetooth and press Enter - (doesn't work bluetooth). Can I change bootloader that is booting without pressing Enter?

Once again Thanks a lot for Youre last answer
:clap:

Since you still have not complied with the guide and listed your hardware Im unable to answer this.

Hi thanks found the software Google is your friend lol

extract the new kernel try it with the USB

see if it works if it does replace it to NUC

if it dont work do i need to patch the new kernel or will the old one work again

like the last up date

i would like to learn how to patch the kernels any guides that way i can learn to update the NUC my self if that makes sense am sure you don't want us asking you every time
even thou we really appreciate your help thank you

Your thought process is almost there.

1. Get the update (manual download).
2. Extract kernel using Pacifist
3. Patch the kernel
4. Copy kernel to existing Unibeast USB
5. Try booting from it to see if it works.
6. If it has worked, run the downloaded update on the NUC.

7. Boot using Unibeast and copy the kernel over as per the install guide.
8. Reboot and re-patch audio if needed (Unlikely at this stage).

No need to replace kernel on the NUC until *after* the update is installed. Doing this would not serve a purpose.

The new kernels always need patching for our NUC.

The smart thing to do is keep a copy of the previous kernel on the Unibeast USB so if something doesnt work as expected, you can revert it back.

If you want to be really smart, make a backup copy of the previous kernel on the NUC itself, but leave it on there. Then if you need to revert it back, you can just rename it and then reboot.

I'll post an update procedure when 10.10.3 is out and include the patched kernel, so you wont need to re-install.

:thumbup:

I've added a short update guide for 2015-002 and 2015-003 at post #2, together with all the relevant patched kernels.

Give this a go and post here if you encounter any issues. Ive not had chance to try the 002 and 003 kernel files yet but they have both patched successfully here.

You can update straight to 2015-003 and skip 2015-002 if you wish. The security patches are cumulative.

Important point to note is that we copy the kernel files to the /Extra folder of the Unibeast USB, but we do not overwrite the existing kernel of the Unibeast USB.

My hardware is:
Monitor: Dell U2713HM
Cable: DisplayPort Unitek (no adapter, just miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable)
SSD: SSD INTEL 525 60 GB,mSATA
RAM: Kingston 4 GB KVR16LS11/4
NUC: Intel NUC BOXD54250WYK2
WiFi: BROADCOM BCM94322HM8L
My speakers: Logitech X230
Keyboard: Apple Bluetooth
Mouse: MS-09 Wireless

I was follow every steps of tutorial, but You said that: "Previous bios versions and previous versions of OSX have worked well together, but I do not have the time to test and verify every OSX version with every bios version ever released." So I thought that 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 is similar enought to try it (and I was wrong).
But every time I was install yosemite (doesn't matter 10.10.1 or 10.10.2) - every time booting stops and waiting me to press enter on keyboard, then booting successfully.
I thought that's is normal setting in bootloader and maby I can change it later.

Onces more: I do every steps without section 10 - customizing the system, but again it's said: "This section is completely optional and does not affect the functionality of the NUC, but it is something I like to do as a nice finishing touch!"

If I must give You more information, please just tell mi what I must tell You.

Greed Mark:thumbup:

PS. I record a short video :http://youtu.be/7WB_eAxfom0

Preferred method for updating to Security Update 2015-002 or 2015-003

1. Download the kernel archive attached to this post and unpack.

2. Inside you will find 3 kernel files like so :

• kernel-10.10.2-Original
  • kernel-10.10.2-Upd-002
  • kernel-10.10.2-Upd-003
(kernel-10.10.2-Original is the same one included in the current Install Pack)

All 3 kernels included have been patched ready to run on the NUC.

3. Copy all three kernel files to the '/Extra' folder on the Unibeast USB.

4. Manually download and run the relevant security update. DO NOT use the App Store/Update function for this. Manually downloading and applying the update is the safer and preferred method.

5. When finished, reboot using the Unibeast USB and at the installer, start the Terminal prompt as we do at Section 7 of the guide.

6. Copy the relevant kernel file across to your NUC, as shown below :

If you have applied 'Security Update 2015-002', type the following at the Terminal prompt :

Code:
bash-3.2# [COLOR=#ff0000]cp -v /Volumes/USB/Extra/kernel-10.10.2-Upd-002 /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

If you have applied 'Security Update 2015-003', type the following at the Terminal prompt :

Code:
bash-3.2# [COLOR=#ff0000]cp -v /Volumes/USB/Extra/kernel-10.10.2-Upd-003 /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

If you want to restore back to the original 10.10.2 kernel as per the guide, type the following at the Terminal prompt :

Code:
bash-3.2# [COLOR=#ff0000]cp -v /Volumes/USB/Extra/kernel-10.10.2-Original /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

Now shutdown the installer and reboot the NUC using the 'UseKernelCache=No' boot flag (This is only needed the once).

GREAT Thank you very very much :):):)

I've added a short update guide for 2015-002 and 2015-003 at post #2, together with all the relevant patched kernels.

Give this a go and post here if you encounter any issues. Ive not had chance to try the 002 and 003 kernel files yet but they have both patched successfully here.

You can update straight to 2015-003 and skip 2015-002 if you wish. The security patches are cumulative.

Important point to note is that we copy the kernel files to the /Extra folder of the Unibeast USB, but we do not overwrite the existing kernel of the Unibeast USB.

super thank you very much :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My hardware is:
Monitor: Dell U2713HM
Cable: DisplayPort Unitek (no adapter, just miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable)
SSD: SSD INTEL 525 60 GB,mSATA
RAM: Kingston 4 GB KVR16LS11/4
NUC: Intel NUC BOXD54250WYK2
WiFi: BROADCOM BCM94322HM8L
My speakers: Logitech X230
Keyboard: Apple Bluetooth
Mouse: MS-09 Wireless

I was follow every steps of tutorial, but You said that: "Previous bios versions and previous versions of OSX have worked well together, but I do not have the time to test and verify every OSX version with every bios version ever released." So I thought that 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 is similar enought to try it (and I was wrong).
But every time I was install yosemite (doesn't matter 10.10.1 or 10.10.2) - every time booting stops and waiting me to press enter on keyboard, then booting successfully.
I thought that's is normal setting in bootloader and maby I can change it later.

Onces more: I do every steps without section 10 - customizing the system, but again it's said: "This section is completely optional and does not affect the functionality of the NUC, but it is something I like to do as a nice finishing touch!"

If I must give You more information, please just tell mi what I must tell You.

Greed Mark:thumbup:

PS. I record a short video :http://youtu.be/7WB_eAxfom0

There is nothing wrong with your on screen boot sequence, it is working as expected. If your bluetooth keyboard does not pair in time to press Enter, then it is a blueooth issue.

If you want instant boot then see post #35 of this thread for a clue.

That memory module, is it a single module ?

Beautifull ;-)

In file : /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
add:
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>yes</string>

Thanks again

Beautifull ;-)

In file : /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
add:
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>yes</string>

Thanks again

You should really work on that bluetooth; there are many helpful threads about it in the forum, including your model I believe.

Thank you Mr. WonkeyDonkey

My hardware includeIntel Nuc D54250
mSATA 256G
kingstone 8G
BCM94325 wifi+bt
I followed everystep of yours except wifi is activated by fakePCIID,
Handoff & airdrop are OK, but the Audio output has too much noise.
When I pluggin a usb sound card, Yosemite was frozen.
After reset the computer, I shutdown the audio function in Bios.
The usb sound card is working well,but when I pluggin the USB3.0 mobile hard disk,it frozen again.
The strange thing is when a usb2.0 Udisk is plugged into the same port, it totally work well.

Could you give me some advices?

Thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back