Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V3 (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't emphasise anymore that trying all this with one memory stick is a no go. You could try and use a maxmem value equal to the size of that one module or smaller but I can not guarantee success.

A matched pair of modules are not expensive these days.

Also as clearly stated in the guide, a screenshot of the error would help.

:thumbup:

At at this stage no cant get to disk utility

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 152
When you reboot it, type in the following flags at the boot screen (This only needs to be done once) and press the Enter key :

Code:
-v UseKernelCache=No

Your NUC should now boot on its own.

When I re-boot the NUC I assumed I am booting from my HD where Yosemite is stored. However, when I do so I get the following:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

Then I can't proceed any further. Any insight or advice for this. It would be greatly appreciated.

When you reboot it, type in the following flags at the boot screen (This only needs to be done once) and press the Enter key :

Code:
-v UseKernelCache=No

Your NUC should now boot on its own.

When I re-boot the NUC I assumed I am booting from my HD where Yosemite is stored. However, when I do so I get the following:

boot0: error

Then I can't proceed any further. Any insight or advice for this. It would be greatly appreciated.

Search the forums for boot0 error. You will find the guidance to fix this.

WOW! Amazing WonkeyDonkey is back! :headbang:
Big thanks for this wonderfull detailed guide.

Before i reinstall my NUC can i upgrade from 10.9.4 to this Version?

Starts Yosmate normal when I upgrade from Appstore and boot with the install stick and replace the kernel from there?

Which step do I have to carry on, if that works?

I dont recommend upgrading from 10.9, there are a lot of changes as you know.

Give your system a treat and do a fresh clean install :)

Thanks a lot.
How to change Model Name and Model Identifier to Mac mini?
It's possible?

You should keep with the model name as per the guide.

You wont gain anything by setting it to MacMini. The hardware definition in the guide is the one that is best suited to the NUC.

Thank you for the great install guide. Got me up and running in no time. I do notice a problem though when the system comes out of sleep, the network is connected. It shows as the network cable is disconnected. I see activity lights on the ethernet port and if I unplug and plug the cable back in, it still doesn't reconnect. The only way I've been able to reconnect is by rebooting. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

If memory serves correct there is a modified kext for the Intel ethernet that fixes this problem; I don't remember which version though. Im sure its in a slightly older version of Multibeast, or may be available in the forums somewhere.

Have a search of the version 2 NUC guide.

First and foremost a huge thank you for this great Guide. Apple and NUC users everywhere Thank You. As for the Boot issues, I'm and and running perfectly fine. Now just to fine tune.

Thank You.

Thanks for the "Obvious Answer". It worked a treat. Just had to open up my eyes. Greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back